Saturday

 Up and ready to go this morning.  That's a very good thing because once again after three weeks off it was Bread and Bowl morning at church.  And before that happened and before I left home I cut some long pussy willow branches or the altar..  

As usual the camera was at home for the morning. Bummer!  

Freshening the altar arrangements were first on the list of thing completed.   No altar flowers are reserved for the month of January so we'll be using the same arrangement of grasses, beautifully dried hydrangea with added pussy willow sticks. It fills the space beautifully at no cost.  yahoo!!!!  

Then it was on to the Community Room for a morning of a whole lot of work. The possibilities of not meeting our 11 o'clock deadline were there but once again this time at 11:02, we opened. The line at first was long but soon changed to a few now and then as usually happens on Saturdays. Comapared to the Tues and Thurs. mornings, our number of guests are fewer. We will be changing our order to 4 pans of a main dish instead of 5 coming from Second Helpings. We never have had a good handle on who is coming for lunch.  It is just whoever walks in the door.  Remember, Guess Who's Comming to Dinner?  We're always guessing. Few pans means less waste. 

We ended the morning setting up easels holding wonderful pictures of Martin Luther King and his words throughout the church noteing Monday's M L K day. Sunday's message will be given by the president of CT Seminary. 


I brought a very tired body home which plopped in a chair and went to sleep.  Whoo...It was a busy morning. 

After two hours of being quiet, I did a short trip to JoAnn's to get about a half-yard of some really interesting fabric. I found it when I was getting Kat's fabric. JoAnn has the cutest chicken fabric that I couldn't resist having grown up on a chicken farm and remembering eating  apples named Delicious, and they were, while sitting in the apple tree. Long-term memory is really good at this point.  I lost a tooth in one of those apples.


Then it was time for football, the first game watched while in and out of the TV room.  I decided to cut 5-inch squares in the sewing room using that fabric pieces in the box mentioned yesterday.The fabric has some of the cutest patterns for small children.  I think at some point there will be crib quilts being put together for some little people.  I think I've become unstuck with what to do with that box full of possibilities..  At least the 5-inch squares are happening. There will be many.





The evening football game was awesome What a surprise when the Chargers lost with a field goal at the last two seconds. That's football! There was so much going on in that game that made it a cliffhanger.  
Good playing for the S. D. Chargers in the first half. Great playing for the Jacksonville Jaguars came when playing  behind in the second half.  Each team showed up for half of the game. The Jaguars had the last word.  GRRRR! Jacksonville is one awesome come-from-behind team, just one of many games in their sack for  this year. 

Another great day of a little of this and a little of that.  


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tuesday

Monday

Saturday