Sunday.
A super overnight sleep. Thanks to whatever made that happen. I'm still in awe having the most of the morning at home before starting out for church at 10:20.
I owe the Lord a morning song of gratitude and praise.But before that, all happened I spent some time at the cutting table hacking out more 5 inch squares for something. I did finish late afternoon with square making. Now what? It will be square sewing at some point soon.
It's a stack nearly 3 1/2 inches high. A lot of squares means a lot of sewing.We were off to church at 10:20 after a conversation with Doug telling him that there was nothing that I needed to do when getting to church except find a seat in the pew. Well, that didn't happen immediately. The altar needed 4 carnations for 4 parishioners who had died recently. Where were the carnations was the question I heard? So to the office to dig them out of a drawer and place them on the altar before the 11:00 service. Happy to help.
Beautiful Altar arrangements. Suttle, comfortable colors lend a beautiful touch to the altar picture.Then I found a seat. The morning service was so well crafted with music and the word all centered around the life and messages of Martin Luther King. From Amos. Let justice roll down like water. And righteousness like an ever-living stream. It was a walk down memory lane having lived through the 60s hearing Martin, remembering the marches and the dedication of those folks who lived the life of sacrifice for such a noble cause.
Home for lunch and the football again with games played well. This time a Buffalo win. This time the Giants on the winning side.. With the last game of the day, add the Bengals. All of my picks. How lucky can I get?
Comments
Post a Comment