Thursday.
We're seeing the gift of rain today. Cloudy and dismal and dank. But I must confess that if we didn't have days like today I don't think we would appreciate all the days with sun and fair weather. So I'll take it. The bulbs and spring perennials are probably lovin' it on a day like today.
Today I'm taking it easy. Really easy. I have a horrendously sore shoulder. And I finally figured out why that was the case. I will admit to a whole lot of overuse with a rotary cutter and 5 inch squares. I'm feeling it so I'm making this an easy day. There could be more.
I did just a tad bit of cutting using a new blade which has been a big help. There is no need to do any extra force with a new cutting tool blade. Yesterday I cut the black boarder and this morning the blue with once again running out of blue fabric since when buying I hadn't planned on a boarder.
Back to JoAnns for the fabric to complete the border for the first top. I bought extra but there will be no more cutting today. The new fabric has been washed and is ready to be ironed dry.
I'm trying to decide when should go inside the quilt. Should it be flannel or should it be fleece. I wish there was something in between those two. Fleece is a little think and flannel is a bit thin!
The only other cutting and sewing that happened were square pieces for the corners of the quilt.
I received a text from my good Cleveland friend Nancy B today, asking for words that have carried me through tough times. I happy to say they still are relevant. Nancy wanted to share them with a friend who is
starting radiation so here they are again painted for me by the granddaughter of another friend Ann, Friends do that sort of thing. It also reminds me that while waiting for my very first cancer doctor to appear, I noticed a slip of paper with these words stuck to the wall.
Another Thursday night at home. The choir continues without us and I still am quite comfortable with the decision to let someone else do that! Sunday's are so simple now. I'm really enjoying the no hard deadline living.
Easy Supper again with left over soup from last night.
it sounds to me as if you have entered a new level or retirement! Soft deadlines may be what we all need - or no deadlines at all~
ReplyDelete