Tuesday.

 This morning it didn't come.  That is the sunrise.  What I really mean is that we couldn't see it.  Of course, it came!  Wordle not finished at this point but the Crossword is. I'll work on it!  

Three of our Tues Bread and Bowl folks are on vacation.  They did a bit of recruiting before they left and I did a bit of volunteering this morning.  Their recruiting was pretty successful so I left mid-morning.  Too many folks just get in each other's way and I left plenty of workers in a good place to continue on.  

                                        It's cut sew and iron and do it all over again.                                                                                  Sometimes there a takeout stitches when things aren't right to cut                                                 the monotony if there ever is some.Then repeat with trimming, sewing and ironing.

So I came home to play with colors again keeping the sewing machine singing along on it's merry way.  And now there are two crib tops pretty far along toward being completed.  It's been a good day. 


.     A third quilt is in the works and there are a whole bunch of 5-inch squares still hanging around.  

I don't have any of the inside stuff or the backing so, you guessed it, I need to make another trip to see Joann.  

The sun came out today and I checked some of the flowerbeds to see who was up.  And here they are. 

Daffodils showing through a bunch of last year's leaves supporting the brown season. 

                                                    A few little croci showing their stuff.  

You could say that I'm getting antsy.  I'm just looking for changes that might be hiding in the garden. The snow season has yet to arrive.  We've seen the stuff but it is evading us this winter.  


I received a text from Eli with pictures of some punctuation Dee, that made me laugh.  It's sort of a family joke.  Doug's comment was that his brother had too much time on his hands.  Maybe the effect of Covid on the community is slowing things down allowing Uncle Dee to do too much thinking.  I thought it was a great envelope of mail.  Yes, to my reader friends.  Uncle Dee is a monastery resident and Covid has hit them again meaning distancing, masks, and big restrictions in the daily office.  Covid is not over. Beware!  The number of men with Covid is higher now than it's ever been. All are up to date on their vaccines.  Praying for a good outcome for this community compromised by age.   


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tuesday

Monday

Saturday