Thursday

 Big goof.  The first title for today's entry was Friday.  It's still to come I think!

The weeks seem to go faster and faster.  How does that work?  Days are flying.  This morning there was another crossword success.  Wordle took the rest of the day.  Ugh.

The morning was filled with buttons and buttonholes.  I'm always surprised by how easy the sewing machine makes this all happen and I'm also surprised by how long it takes to do 15 bibs.  Without the machine, I'd be using the whole day or more.  It's a get-er-done thing so I can move on to FABRIC! 15 more bibs finished. 15 more babies with a bib.

                            Button button who has the button.  That's a very old game we played. 

Later in the morning, my back told me to take a break.  I may have learned something a couple of days ago and with any luck, I'll remember what I learned.  Coping with back temper tantrums is not my thing. 

The other event of the morning was hacking in to the monastery fruitcake we brought back in November.  It's so tasty, too.  ( Lucy style and a family joke!)  What a delight for all those taste buds.  They were very busy.  


The afternoon temperatures made a walk possible with a little wind added for an accent piece. 61 degrees.  I was missing Stella's help.  I think she will get an invitation soon.  It seems our Copper Harbor friends are getting a wallop of winter.  It's been warmer than usual for them but I would say not currently.  When it snows it can snow all day and night with many repeats during the same storm in that part of the USA.  The Midland, Michigan grandsons had another snow day today with now a total of 8 inches or more on the ground.  

              This also looks like a wallop!             
                         A Thursday morning picture with Jared on the tractor messing with the snow.                    Hard to believe it's only 300 miles north of Indy.

                    This is our Thursday February 23rd scene. Humm,  300 miles south of Midland Michigan.
                                Lenten Roses are doing their best.  It must be the season of Lent!





In the afternoon I bagged up all the bibs ready for transport to Jenny.  This is what 75 bibs look like sitting on the launching pad ready for takeoff.  Look out baby, here we come.  I've made my goal of 100 bibs and starting on the next hundred with 10 bibs finished.  Just 90 more to go.   Easy day today.  Nothing new finished after all those button holes and buttons. I did get a lot of beginnings completed. 

There was a trip out visiting three Goodwills looking for padding.  I found a very nice small fleece blanket.  It will take care of 16 bib insides. I'm all set for a while.  My next question for Jenny is...How many babies are in the program here in Indianapolis.  I think she alone has has a total of 30 in every phase of the program.  Some entering and some ready to leave. 

            Another easy evening.  The sweatshop is closed.  My back is whispering.  It's loud enough.  

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Wed. I'm back Thanks be to God!

Wednesday

Thursday