Goal Day.Friday.

 Today I met my goal of 100 baby bibs for the Goodwill program mentoring mothers of newborns and babies up to 2 years old.  Number 100 came off the line.  I pray that somehow this will make at least a small difference in the lives of the families receiving care in this program. 

                                                            98, 99 and 100  BINGO

  Yesterday you saw some flannel fabric I discovered stored among regular cotton that I received from friends. Flannel is what all the burp cloths are made of awaiting more work to be completed by the Lydia Circle at church. Jenny who is part of the Goodwill baby program is speaking to the Lydia group on the 28th. The number 100 is glued to burp cloths also.  So off to you know where for their sale weekend wanting plain flannel to match what I already had.  It just didn't quite work out that way.  Something always happens at JoAnn's.  So here's the additional stuff.  Yup...you guessed correctly. Of course there would be chickens. 

There are folks who buy fabric and then never get around to using it.  Sometimes it comes to me.  Yahoo!    And sometimes I buy.  The two companion fabrics were on the last chance shelf this morning.  There are bolts of it left in the store.   It's time to wait for the money tank to get a refill some day. 
This is a succulent owned by Sarah Ellen.  It's visiting our house so that it can get drinks while the Mamlins are in Kenya.  Sarah Ellen couldn't tell me the name.  I sure would like to know what it is called it's name because it blooms all the time.  Such a ray of sunshine.  

The temperature is a little nippy at 31 with a few flurries today but this morning when the sun was out I checked the flower beds.  The second planting of crocus have appeared.  Every year I think they are gone for sure.  Not so once again.  "Oh, yee of little faith!"

`                                    It's trying to tell me that it's time to bloom.  Not yet kiddo.  

One additional blessing that comes with sewing from my stash is thinking about those who donated to make the stash possible.  There's Jo Pierce. Patty Hefner, Ellen Daniels Howell, Beth Galloway's mother's drapery business, and Cynthia and her cloth purseS business.  Years ago Sylvia Gingrich gave me tubs of fabric. I recycled some to Carmel Lutheran Church. Their ladies were sewing clothes to send to mission sites. Some of Sylvia's fabric went on my shelves, All of these friends have filled my head with wonderful thoughts every time I use their fabric.  They are treasures. During the mask-making years, there were other friends with donations with one unknown person who left a bag of batiks fabric at the end of the driveway.   I must add that all of these folks mentioned had years of sewing.  I got their wonderful leftovers.  That works for me.. 


For bib production...nothing happening for the rest of the day.  There were a few minutes for grocery shopping and another trip for another 1000 feet of thread.  Later I started cutting flannel   The job was organizing for the next round of sewing.  

            Halfway there.  There are green, gold, blue and pink solid colors of flannel waiting for the other side of the cloth.  

Comments

  1. Lela,
    You mean to tell me in all those Succulent books you borrowed from the library this plant wasn't shown in one or all of them? Come on --- it's time to go back to the library for more books!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Wed. I'm back Thanks be to God!

Wednesday

Thursday