Sunday

 

A simple morning of almost nothing but there were three bib fronts put together.  No backs because I just don't have much that goes with yellow flowers.  Anything pink or purple I can do. So they are off to themselves until I get my head thinking again about them.  

Mercy! Oh, Kyrie! Have mercy! Oh, Christe! Mercy! Eleison.                                                              Kyrie eleison, Christe eleison, (Lord, have mercy, Christ have mercy.)                                                 Have mercy on our souls! Have mercy on creation! Mercy!

Great church morning with Mercy on the table in so many ways.  The choir sang the Kyrie from the Blue Grass Mass by C. Barnett.  as an anthem this morning. The choir sang the whole mass a few years ago. Our prayer response will be another Kyrie during Lent. Mercy,  We saw lots of friends with a few more people finding their way back to the sanctuary.  I think North has been a bit on the slow side with returning folks lagging behind a whole lot of churches.  The online congregation is alive and healthy.  I'd like to see more whites of the eyes! Patience! 

The 75 bibs made it to church with Jenny taking home two full heavy bags.  The next hundred are in the works.  But there will be a little bib blip this week.  Darren asked me to make a boring purple stole for Lent.  Those are the words close to what he said. No bling for sure.  So I'm thinking.  This afternoon a trip to the fabric store told me that JoAnne had one possibility. ONLY one! My friend Doris, the master banner creator, would say that no matter when on the calendar if a great purple is spotted, BUY, BUY, BUY.  They are few and far between. This time I bought a yard of the only purple close to working for a stole.  I think of texture, weight and color.  There were no other choices. So I'll get moving and see what the preacher says about my ideas.  Lent returns next year and perhaps there will be other possibilities. 

                                        Darren gave me a favorite green stole for a pattern.                                                                            I'm hoping the thread is subtle or boring enough to stitch crosses. 

I also bought my fifth spool of white thread since starting this bib marathon.  Each spool has 1094 yards of thread.  Each spool...$10.00,  Yikes.  It's Gutermann's brand.  Coats and Clark is cheaper but my fixit repair man says he will be in business forever if folks continue to use C and C.  It shreds in machines messing everything.  Each spool's thread is a mile long.  So miles of Gutermann's thread has passed through my machine.  Congratulations Miss Pfaff.  I know you are having a few issues but look what you have given to a bunch of babies.  Bibs!

                                                     I plan to send Miss Pfaff to Select Sewing for some adjusting as soon as the gardening season rolls around.  She has got to hang in there with me.  

Later in the afternoon, I was playing around with ministers stole emplishment ideas and other yarns and colors.  What will it be?  Crosses and maybe nails.  There usually are three nails pictured together.  Possibilities exist.  Doris left me with some wonderful books full of religious symbolism.  We'll see what tomorrow brings.  
I like the rough texture and unexpected colors.

It was a day of expected experiences and some very unexpected challenges.  Sounds like a normal day.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wed. I'm back Thanks be to God!

Wednesday

Thursday