Sunday Sunday

 A super good day.  The night was a little crazy with ups and downs. Other than that the day started just fine.  Slow morning and off to church at 10:15.  I took six baby quilts to Genny for the Goodwill program.  The container is empty and if there are more contributions to the program I've got to get busy.  That could happen this week in the hours of empty of which there will be not many.

This morning my thoughts went to the 84 years of the church in my life giving me the feeling of comfort and security during the health glitches these last couple of years.  I am grateful. I have folks walking with me and God at my side.  

The series of sermons during the season of Lent has centered on rituals, today's sermon was the ritual of dedication through baptism as well as others.  Today Darren wove the importance of a minister's stole that being his newly gifted purple stole into the sermon.  It was quite a surprise totally unexpected. I was honored by his words.

Lots of visiting after church answering questions and sharing information.  My church family is with me.  And I willingly and gladly share the journey. 


This afternoon I would say was just the best.  The sun. the rake, and the big blue were out and about.  One more raking of one of the bigger perennial beds makes me think that that bed is ready to grow all by itself now.  I'll preen it fertilize it and keep my eyes on emerging weeds and in a couple of months it should be at its best.  

I did a final clean at least for a while in another area.  I pulled out a pot with chives emerging and transplanted some tyme into an empty spot.  Another area has a new beginning.  
                            All ready to strut their stuff.  Now we need some strutting weather.  


The evening included basketball.  Those ladies know how to pitch that ball.  It takes a whole lot of muscle.  

I had a text from a friend who wondered if I was behaving.  I think so.  Jared could say the same since I'm making good use of the new blood pressure cuff and then sending the report north.  My mother's last illness occurred when I was living in Indiana.  Uneasiness is what I felt during those three years.  And although I don't plan on this being my last illness what I feel so deeply is that uneasy feeling for Jared when being far away and not able to "see" what's happening.  So I'm trying to be once again a more perfect mother.  Perfect I am not and never can be but more perfect is the goal of being truthful and honest and as clear as possible.   

Tomorrow and Tuesday should be interesting. It's doctor's time.  The morning visit with Dr. Jolli, my primary care doctor, and then in the afternoon Dr. Schnider the breast cancer doctor, both precautionary visits. Tuesday morning will be the visit with Dr. Maijub, the vascular surgeon.  Collecting information is the goal for the next two days pushing ahead with what's happening.  Pray for clarity of thought!  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wed. I'm back Thanks be to God!

Wednesday

Thursday