Thursday with little jobs.

 

                                        Oh, what a beautiful morning, oh what a beautiful day.                                                                                I've got a wonderful feeling, everything's going my way. 

                                    This brings me to... Everything's up to date in Kansas City!                                              Now I'm trying to remember the name of the musical!  Got the music but not the musical title.                                      It should be easy. The brain is working in bits and pieces this morning.

If you were sleeping in this morning, this is what you missed.  I posted this on Facebook just after my friend Denise posted what she saw out her window.  Both pictures were blue ribbon winners painted by God.

Today my body is telling me that I worked hard enough yesterday for another day of rest.   Gardening just doesn't feel like work until the evening hour throws the message right into my face or maybe back.  That message is always late on arrival, never on time.  Bummer. So today is a little job day. That might be pretty easy if the rain that is predicted really does arrive. 


A little raking and clipping with some attention to the ivy resulted in a contribution to big blue.  

Another clean bed to show for it.  
                                                       
I have no idea what trees have had their leaves blown to our yard. Ours were all raked in the fall. There is a ton to collect or so it seems. The jonquils in this bed are a little slow.  That's fine making the blooming season last longer. I've clipped the ivy that's under the pine way back.  Another day...I'll do it even further back. It's one of those repeat jobs that I don't want to repeat for a while.

I have a date. yet to be determined with Eric and his back.  The memory of loading heavy mulch bags in the van is still with me after last year's 4 bags. It was one of those, I can't do it,  but I did jobs!   Some places will be mulched some places not.  A little dab will do it. 

After pulling a few weeds the short easy little job ended at 2.  It's cool and cloudy and just the right kind of weather to keep going but I'm listening.  Such a stop needs patience.  Sometimes I have very little of that.  My eye is on the end result.  How to get there with sense is a skill to be practiced at my age!  I wonder what the prognosis is. My guess is probably not good.  

                                            This is Mrs. Blue Bird at the mealworms.                                                                                          Mr. always takes a better picture with his bright blue feathers.  

Today the birds have been very busy.  I moved some feeders around and I think I have the starlings eating the mealworm problem solved.  Little birds can get to the mealworms.  Big birds haven't figured it out yet.  I'm learning that the only other small bird that is really interested in mealworms are the nuthatches.  Speaking of nuthatches a red-breasted nuthatch has been a regular visitor  They are a bit smaller with tinted breasts like the bluebirds and a line over their eye like a Carolina Wren who also is a regular diner. I like my birds and sometimes stand and watch them for more than 30 minutes. 

Watched some ball in the evening.  The No. 1 Purdue Ladies lost a heartbreaker.  

The rain has arrived and will be here until sometime tomorrow guaranteeing that I'll be inside.  No big blue work for a while.  Spring is here and new surprises come with every rain.  I'll be looking for them soon. Woo, woo.  The starlings figured out how to get to the mealworms.  I need to do some better figuring.  I'm on to plan 6 or so.  

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Wed. I'm back Thanks be to God!

Wednesday

Thursday