An extra post to the choir. Thursday morning.

 Dear, dear friends.  I am honored to be in your circle of care.  My posting numbers are usually around 10 and this morning the posting numbers are 30.  You are checking in as Mark invited you to do. Life has been a bit crazy again but this time I feel there is an easier road to health.  Optimist that I am. There will be another "trial" but with prayer and a great team of doctors yet to be discovered I'm sure I'll be in good hands.  I imagine this event will include radiation treatments again.  Been there, done that as well!!!  I'll just keep on doing what need to be done. 


There are times when I feel a bit overwhelmed.  The garden hoe comes out or a trip to a plant heaven and I'm in another world.  How interesting that in both cancer cases these episodes happen at the beginning of the growing season.  It's the distraction that I need and feel God-given.  Right now I have the cleanest weed-free outside that I've ever had.  I'm ready for warmer weather and a brief shower.    


Doug is his quiet self and is not saying much but just plodding alongside. a wife that seems to keep things spinning.  We laugh about how many doctors I have collected.  I would say that is a gift that many in this world do not receive. That stays front and central in my mind.   It's a bit difficult to know exactly what's going on with Doug but I also know if I need to know he will say something on his time.  Fifty-five years of marriage has taught us a lot about how we both operate.  

So once again today the two phones will be in my pocket waiting for a surgery call.  All in due time.  

I must tell you all that last Sunday's second anthem He Was There To Save has been worming through my head all week.  It's a favorite so I just let it worm..  People have asked me if I miss singing in the choir.  My answer is that I miss so much the words.  These words say so much. And of course, I miss seeing you all. Sunday helps.  But a simpler Sunday is one of the benefits I must admit. 

O blessed thought, when Jesus called us by his grace.

our dead hearts then began to beat, our eyes came wide awake, 

for when we heard that still small voice, we turned to him that day, 

ready to surrender, and he was there to save.  

Grand that we may always weep in praise of mercy found, 

the wonder of a rescued on and sin forgiving God, 

and now the freedom that we have, no longer bound in shame, 

for when we needed Jesus most he was there to save.  

The second verse is just as good!  


Mercy and freedom are among many gifts I feel supporting me each day of living.  

Keep the faith.  I love you tons and I'll see you Sunday.  


  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wed. I'm back Thanks be to God!

Wednesday

Thursday