Monday

 The beginning unless you count Sunday of a new work week.  I try not to work on Sunday.  I call it play if I do.  This week happens with a number of doctor visits. They seem to come along faster and faster.  So it's checking in time again.  The surgery and cancer radiation doctors just don't want to let me go.  And the breast doctor has a firm hold on me. There are more!!!   Friday I'll be having a breast biopsy.  It could be the start of something new as yet to be determined. Changes have occurred.  I needed to fill my mind with something other than me so I  decided it was a church work day.  There were more things to change such as musical banners to put away used at Sunday's services.  I find working alone in the quiet and dimly lit sanctuary a calming atmosphere. I dressed up the altar and pulpit area with what I consider one of Doris' finest accomplishments.  We often use these two pieces on Easter Sunday but this year we didn't.  I hope to use these through most of the Eastertide season.  The cross in the courtyard was stripped and ready to be packed away to use another year. It was standing in the middle of a rain storm which is not such a hot idea for a bare wood cross and plywood base.  The sanctuary is ready for this season of the church year.  I stopped at Lowes to look for large plants for either side of the altar to use on Sundays when there are no altar flowers.  There are a few of those Sundays coming up.  So the morning was a good mind filler for me. 

 

                                The day long rain and gave the mint growing in a pot a boost.                                                          The pot helps to keep order with the mint.  A ring of radishes surrounds the mint. 

Years ago when David Owen was our minister, I went to the annual conference in Bloomington Indiana.  While there we visited Dot and saw her wonderful green bean patch planted in some unusual rows.  I thought, "how pretty".  This is my attempt at pretty with radishes!!!

I called Heidi and told her about the morning.  We are going to meet Thursday to settle on the plant selection.  Sullivan's has wonderful options but Lowes fits our pocketbook a little nicer.  I think we can make that work well.

This is a close-up view of the burgundy flower of a wild ginger plant.  It's about as small as the end of a little finger sitting just above the dirt.  Ants are the little critters that move the seeds found in the flower to other places in the garden.  It's been planted in many places. 

I ate lunch and then watched a little TV.  Last night was a very short night which is slowing down the day.  A good excuse to sit for a spell.  

I took a little trip to Goodwill but found nothing.  Well, I did find a very nice gardener wheelbarrow.  I left it there and will wonder I'm sure if that was the right decision.  News flash.  Doug thought it would be a wonderful useful toy so the 19.99 gardeners cart is now sitting in the garage.  It retails for almost 50.00.  Woo...thank you, Goodwill. I'm sure Doug will use it when gathering sticks every Wed. before the mowers arrive.  

        The sales tag said that it appeared at the store this morning.  Well, it left the store this afternoon. 


A  tenderloin roast went into the oven and supper included fresh asparagus making it our first vegetable treat of the spring  So stinking good.

Another day of a little of this and that.  Tomorrow is my visit with Dr. Moore.  He's one of my favorites who was in charge of the 10-hour surgery calling together the team that worked successfully a couple of years ago on Feb. 1. I put him in my angel collection of doctors. There is a lot to talk about.  I've got to get my list in order.  Then there will be lunch with my 3 teacher friends who taught first grade as a team at Forest Dale.  My first place of employment after birthing two boys and allowing them to grow up with a mother at home 40 tears ago.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wed. I'm back Thanks be to God!

Wednesday

Thursday