Monday.

 A great sleep Sunday night.  Love it.  Eric got his ride to Nora.  He would have been frozen on the bike if he had chosen to ride.  It was a Brr morning with frost on the hill.  That was our pumpkin.  I covered some things but all came through another cold snap.  Tonight should be better.  

I met with Dr. Jolli, my primary doctor this morning just to get some direction on some what-ifs that might be coming.  Stepping into the medical world again is not an easy thing but if I need to I want to be ready.  One thing I learned was that referrals from a primary doctor are not necessary.  That is helpful. I always have trouble knowing where to start or where the door is. 

The rest of the day from time to time was spent outside.  That should not be a huge surprise although it was a bit brisk when the sun hid behind a cloud.  I did a lot of talking to the clouds.  I edged and scraped weeds and did a lot of fluffing dirt and smashing dirt clods.  

I got this bed cleaned and edged.  It has Blackeyed Susans between the two Pussy Willos trees and a Valerian herb plant in the middle of the Blackeyed Susans.  A few Love in the Mist plants are up and I threw down more seeds.  They will seed themselves from now on. Now that more seeds are there the area should be covered soon with plants.   There should be early blooms and late blooms. Oh dear, I forgot about the lawn spray guy!  

                                \They come in many colors but I seem to have only white and a few blue. 

I moved on to another bed that was really pretty last year with a whole bunch of Lantana of many colors.  The bed is ready.  Sullivans has some wonderful looking plants but Lantana is a hot weather plant and would only sit and do nothing if I planted it now.  I suspect that it even would go backward in look not getting what it needed to grow.  So Lantana will wait for a while but it's coming.                            This bed has Blackeyed Susans and Autumn Joy and the remnants of crocus.
                             Ada...my memories from our Grand Rapids Trip at the Meijers Park.


                I discovered that one of the Bears Breeches plants had thrown a little plant this spring.              I transplanted it to another bed.  Fingers Crossed.  It's really little now.
                                    MineB B never looks like these but I'm always wishing.                                        In fact I think fewer flowers really make them more stunning.  

I would say that today was a day of fun.  Out and about making the garden just a bit more ready for summer was a fulfilling experience.  Supper was again another attempt at chicken potpie and the try was a pretty good one.  In fact, Doug said it was good which was encouraging since there was another one in the freezer.  Little did he know but now he does.  Tomorrow promises to be a little warmer.  I'll take it.  





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wed. I'm back Thanks be to God!

Wednesday

Thursday