Sunday

 Another easy morning that happens when one is not a choir member needing to be there at an early hour.  So it was a slow trip south to church after 10.  And then entering the church at a slow unhurried pace.  Love it.  Today the choir sang an old favorite.  I sang it inside my head.  

The most recent recycling project at church is all about old tennis shoes.  The church gets a quarter for each pr. and more if they are like new shoes. Those shoes go right back needy community folks. This bin was filled today and there is already a bin somewhere else as well.  People are doing neighborhood purges.  The money will go to relandscaping. which has been neglected for years.  Some B Pears will be coming down!  Yeah.  The shoes are ground up and the new material is used for something.  Maybe more shoes.  


On the morning walk this morning I found one little trillium.  One is better than none and is more than I had last year.  

The spring bloom is on the ornamental strawberries.  Such a delicate pink that is meant to be beautiful and nothing else.  
        I see some "snowflakes' otherwise known as apple blossoms that floated off the neighbor's tree.          They are everywhere.  There is a promised frost tonight.  I must cover some things. A few plants are showing signs of shivering.  

This afternoon was pie time.  I got all the stuff out forgetting amounts but not the ingredients.  I must say I think the pies look pretty good.  I ended up with two because I made too much custard filling so I needed more rhubarb which meant I needed more pie dough.  Funny how that works.  Later this afternoon it was delivery time.  Eating more than our share at our house would not be a good thing. 

Five households received a delivery. I counted three neighbors and two church families. And what the Russells had was delicious.  Woo.  It was really good.  With only one piece left Doug thought he could take care of that tomorrow.  My guess for breakfast.  
 
 The custard part was eggs, sugar, flour, orange zest and orange juice, and nutmeg, Rhubarb was added to this filling.  Throwing it together with what I though would work seemed to be a success. 

           I love to make pies.  At least 55 years ago my cousin Bernice gave me her pie dough recipe.                                      It's unbelievably easy. I think I have used the recipe at least 1000 times. 

Flour, oil, and water, rolled out between wax paper.  Turn the pie plate upside down over the dough and flip.  Walla.  done!   

The rest of the day was clean up the kitchen time.  I certainly made a mess since I didn't start out in a very organized way. 

Dee, Father C...I wish I could send you a piece.  I bet you agree.  Thanksgiving weekend will find a Rhubarb pie in among the apple pies.  

Comments

  1. there will be rhubarb pie only if some people in Michigan remember to pack the rhubarb!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Wed. I'm back Thanks be to God!

Wednesday

Thursday