Thursday

 Oh, what a beautiful morning, Oh, what a beautiful day.  And it was.  After a pretty accepting night of sleep, a cup of coffee, a bowl of oatmeal with nuts and raisins, a successful crossword and wordle.  In fact I was the first of the foursome to complete Wordle.  I tied Kat.  That's saying I didn't come in first with the fewest tries.  Then it was outside to the great outdoors.  My kind of morning which turned into my kind of day.  

This was a morning project.  These four posts are cut-off, short versions of the fence around Fort Wilkins State Park.  We've vacationed at that fort for many years and last summer I asked the maintenance workers if I could have some over-the-hill posts.  Doug suggested the shorter ones and I thought short was better than none.  Now they are in the garden which will be surrounded by a multitude of Becky Daisys filling in with a beautiful background.  I love having something new that also marks wonderful family memories. In front of the posts but yet to small to see clearly are the Lupin plants that someone gifted me with seeds last fall.  WHO? I can't remember.

The day also included more edging of more flowerbeds and scraping out Creeping Charlie along with violets.  It's an ongoing job and it makes me happy. trying new things in new places.  

Doug spent some time outside trimming back the Katonie Aster bushes planted at least 40 years ago. 

                       He loves the Goodwill bargain garden cart.    He's the best bush trimmer.

I spent some time visiting with my neighbor Kathy.  She always makes time to listen and I brought her up to date with all the new stuff happening.  And while talking one of the pocketed phones rang and I now have my first appointment with the surgeon on May 8th.  I  hope I can nail healing time to start before the end of the month.  

Another great supper of chicken salad on the patio.  We haven't seen the Bluebirds today.  My hope is that there are enough bugs around now to provide protein for the babies.  The Road Runner Piliated Woodpecker came by making a huge racket. The  Robins have been seen with mouths full of bugs. The sparrows were not nice to the Bluebirds yesterday.   Bad birds.  No manners. They need a time-out. 

So another good day.  I googled the surgeon, Kandice Ludwig to learn a bit about her..  Sent pictures and text to Kathy now visiting family across the pond.  Texted Kimmy and sent pictures.  Kimmy's sister Melissa and mother Penny, niece Haley and Kimmy spent the day in Freeland, Michigan.  Every year the town has a two-day garage sale that brings people from hither and yon!   And they are going back to do it all over again tomorrow adding Kenzie to the group.  Sounds like so much fun.  People just walk from one end of the town to the other. I wonder how long I would last. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wed. I'm back Thanks be to God!

Wednesday

Thursday