Tuesday's theme Waiting

 The only thing I can say about describing last night is that I don't understand why that happened.  I watched TV as usual and then went to bed at the regular time.  But sleep just didn't come by.  After a few hours, I got up and took a sleeping pill.  That didn't work.  There was more that I'll spare you all trying a few other fixes and finally at five I fell asleep sleeping till seven.  It seems I was waiting for the sandman all night. I think he lost my address.



                                 A close-up of a Celandine poppy.  Doesn't look like a poppy at all.  

So guess what happened today.  I did a whole lot of chair sleeping.  It would appear that my day and night were turned around. I'm NOT a baby.  So what do I have to show for the day?  Not much except sleep.  The day continues to be cold so I'm not missing much about what is happening in the garden.  It looks like a waiting-for-warmer-weather day is needed.  

        The cooler temperature is allowing the flowers a longer stay.  So once again it's sweater weather. 

I haven't heard a word about the biopsy.  I'm aware that the lab needs to do its work, Depending on what the lab finds doctors need to make decisions. Then I'll get a phone call describing what my job will be.  Could be a big job or a nothing job.  I guess it's waiting for the news day.  Tomorrow ends the three days I was told to wait.  

                            A lovely big bush of Bleeding Heart with some Bluebells on the side.  

The tomorrow wait was over at 4 PM.  The name of the breast cancer is invasive ductal carcinoma grade 1.  I must admit that I'm not surprised.  This more common hormonal cancer given the grade 1 in intensity wants to be at home in my body. Grade 1 means it is in the least aggressive group. There are three grades.  One good thing about being old is that hormones are in the process of leaving.  So I'm being given to a surgeon at I U North and that's all I know and enough for this first day.  Another trip into a world that is going to teach me a whole lot.  Been there. Done that but I guess I'll have a chance to do it all over again. It's a new place with a new name.  I will say that this cancer has a name that has been heard many times.  That was not the case with the last one.  I'm not quite sure if that is a bonus.

A nice salad for supper.  Phone calls to the kids and sister Mary K.  A quiet evening and more adventures are listed on my dance card. My prayer is that my body passes the smell test qualifying for surgery.  Out, out ^%$&*@! spot.  You are the potter, I am the clay.  I'd include the doctor in that last sentence.

I'm very, very sure God is saying YOU AGAN?  

                                                                And I'm replying that I have had enough of the spotlight. 

Some things are not of our choosing.  I hear the footsteps of many walking alongside. 






Comments

  1. Posted on our prayer board - prayers rising. You know that Br. Emilio Rafael has never stopped praying for you - and this new glitch will only intensify his prayer. He often asks about you and reminds me that he continues to pray for you. (I pray for his family. It's a mutual thing we have going.)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Wed. I'm back Thanks be to God!

Wednesday

Thursday