Wednesday

 Mid-week in my book.  Half has gone and a half to come.  I'll need to say first off that today was not yesterday.  A little slower and no deadlines to meet.  Crossword done.  Wordle to do yet.  

I needed to stop at Walgreens this morning so that got me on the road.  A little glitch with the medicine not being ready when I was told it would be.  So I mozied on up to Ace to look at their plants.  Then back to Walgreens and then on to Rosie's to look at more plants.  I found a holdover pot from last year.  A Cornflower just appearing.  My kind of plant.  Most of the Corn Flowers are products of this year's greenhouse and are in full bloom.  Not my kind of plant.  An unforced flower will bloom later in the summer when it naturally would.  And it was planted this afternoon.  I could say the perennial bed is full.  Well, maybe. 

                            I really think this could be called a glorified bachelor button perennial.  

Rosie had a few herbs out and the sage I was looking for was in good supply.  So of course I bought just a common sage plant to replace the one that hung around until early spring when something just chopped it right off.  

                 I always add my little black budda that I call my sage to the pot  He's sort of hiding. 

This morning I had a huge surprise in the garden.  I found 3 of either 4 or 5 Butterfly Bushes peeking out of the ground.  Woo...I certainly didn't expect them so soon.  I can't remember if there were a total of 4 or 5.  They add a wonderful orange color to the garden and are much appreciated by the Monarchs.  I've replaced a few of them more than once.  This year that might not be the case. 

                          This is the biggest group of shoots.  I would say there are a lot of shoots.                                                                                          This bush will be big and sturdy. 

I spent a little time cleaning today.  It's just not a big priority when more exciting things are happening outside.  But I found out that the sweeper does work.  Water does take away things that look disgusting and when it's all said and done, I like my inside living space just a bit better. Clean windows coming soon.

Another surprise today was receiving a thank you card with lots of messages written by Jenny's nurses. They were the givers of the baby items distributed to mothers in need through the Goodwill Nurse-Family Partnership program. That was so thoughtful of them and a good surprise added to my day.  The sewing machine has been quiet and will probably be that way for a while.  Sewing goes better with winter!   I wonder what climate change could bring.

The church purchased palms from Lowes for Palm Sunday and we used them again on Easter Sunday.  This Sunday we brought them home.  All six...three from this year and three holdovers from last year.  So once again an effort will be made to hold them over for next year.  It certainly is not an exact science in my book.  But a trial is in order.  So today they got a trim, fertilizer, and their first watering.  Fingers crossed.  I'm always willing to try.  
                                        They look a bit under the weather.  One can always hope.                                     
At the lower left-hand corner is a little cement pig dish.  Some mornings it's been tipped over and empty of water.  I suspect an opossum has ventured by during the night.  It happens about every third night. 

So today was filled with again a little of this and that.  There are good reasons to be tired and I am.  Tomorrow is another day that will even be different than today.  It's a morning with Dr. Langar, the doctor that oversaw the radiation treatment.  I call it another tethering meeting.  It will be a good visit.  Then there will be time with Heidi.  I'm looking forward to tomorrow. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wed. I'm back Thanks be to God!

Wednesday

Thursday