Monday...Memorial Day.

 This morning started early.  Not even bright with the early but dark with the early.  I suspect there is something on my mind.  So I just went with it.  My first-morning job happened when deciding to repot the Christmas Cactus.  It hasn't looked right for some time and with new soil and a major trim it looks better already.  I suspect the pot might be a little small.  But I'll wait to see if the new soil helps a bit. I also potted the one geranium with roots.  That's a look-see as well.  I'm hoping to look and see some more roots.  The plan is to plant them all in the same pot. I moved another plant in the garden.  I can't remember the name but every year I have lost it with it being overgrown with other stuff.  Now it has space.  

I love it when the good birds come by.  The bluebird, the woodpeckers and the finch I've put in that group.  The Starlings and their families can destroy a cake of suet in no time pulling chunks of suet and then dropping them in the hostas.  Grrr.  Some things you win, some things you loose.  

Since I made a big mess on the patio repotting, it got a good wash off and the garage got a big blowout.  Things like that just calm my mind.  Everything looks good in that department.  

I added 20 pounds of gypsum to the garden where B E Susan lived and a 50-pound bag of sand purchased this morning made it to the same spots  I think that is going to finish all the soil improvement work this year.  I watered a few things and will do more tonight.  The zinnias are showing a bit of growth improvement.  I guess my 5-minute rant made a difference.  Could I have that much influence?  Probably not but I could hope.

The red belly friend comes often.  This is the Mrs.  My hope is that the red headed Mrs. comes by at some point.  

We have some sad bird news.  Two bluebird eggs have been found on the ground with a hole punched in the shell and the SPARROWS have invaded the nest.  I'm perturbed enough to open the side of the house that tells the sparrows that this bluebird house is not theirs to live in.  Big BUMMER!!!! I thought perhaps this year would be different.  NOT SO!  Not long after that the sparrow attacked the downy at the suet.  I mean really went after the Downy.  They are worse than two-year-olds.  

                    I think the sparrows are getting the message.  There are no rooms at this inn available

I did an Aldi visit with the hope we're good for at least a week and maybe even ten days.  Three containers of chili are in the refrigerator and I bought two ready-made dinners.  I think we have everything we need to cacoon for a while.  

The pill cases were empty and the refilling is finished for another two weeks.  We're heading toward the finish line or starting line meaning the day will soon be over and tomorrow is just around the corner.  .  I'm feeling like Freddie, Ready!

The Campanula has been around for some time but it's been seen in my garden for the first time this year.  It's such a pretty blue.  

My text messages are flooding in.  So many God be with you messages coming my way. I'm happy there are no quotas on how many times I've needed to ask God to walk alongside me.  I'd be in trouble if there were.  

My last job after supper was to water plants which I did.  Those watering cans get heavy but they do help to keep bones strong. It's that weight-bearing thing.  The shower is finished the hair is clean so one more prep is finished for tomorrow.  So I U North...watch out I'll soon be on my way knocking at your door at 8.  The prediction is that I'll be home by noon.  We'll see.    

Comments

  1. OK - prayers are rising - it's about 10:00 so you may be half-way through

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Wed. I'm back Thanks be to God!

Wednesday

Thursday