Sunday

 And what a special day it was in so many ways.  

No words can do justice to the morning of worship through music.  My, my.  what an experience that I will keep with me in the coming weeks.  Starting with the Ukrainian Alleluia as the introit. Then  Hydans Mass in Times of War to the closing prayer for Ukraine sung in the language used by the Ukrainians.  So appropriate, so simple in so many ways, and sung so beautifully with so much meaning.  It found its way to my very core.  It was a blessed morning.  

                                    My hope is that these little gifts stay glued into the ground.                                                                     I'd like the night crawlers like opossums etc. to leave them alone.  

Then there was the annual church plant swap.  And I swapped big time.  I gained a giant sensitive fern, two sweet orange peppers, an Oehler dahlia, a new variety of black-eyed Susans, and some marigolds.  It was a good morning and best of all, the plants found a home in the garden by early evening..  

An Oehler dahlia is well on its way to becoming even more beautiful.  Kathy O. planted over 50 in her flowerbeds with about 15 having no resting place.  They came to the plant swap!  

Planting happened.  Watering happened, I moved a hosta because SUM and SUBSTANCE hosta is more than 6 ft across covering up its neighbors.  So the cover-up hosta was moved to the last vacant spot on the north side of the house.  The no vacancy sign is shining brightly in many places.  I'm saving space for the calendula. They need to grow to be transplant material. 

Neighbor Bill is home from another water purification installation trip to a third-world country.  He has done many, many installations in the past few years.  He will be making a trip to Ukraine soon.  We had a great patio visit watching a pair of bluebirds back from somewhere trying to figure out how to get into a bluebird house with an adaptor that was purchased to keep out sparrows but doesn't. They finally made it in after many tries.  Their hope is to raise a family.  My hope is that sparrows don't cause trouble. No guarantee comes with the adapter.  Only needing a dumb sparrow for success.   

If you could add neighbor Kathy's 6-year-old grandson Honner to your prayer list.  Honnor lives in California and recently was diagnosed with leukemia.  On Tuesday Kathy will be visiting the family.  

                                        Honner is the cute little guy in blue shoes.                                                                              Treatments began with a hospital stay and will continue for a couple of years.  

 After another 8 pm trip around the garden, things are ready to be tucked in including me.  A wonderful day providing great memories.  I've sung many masses but never this Hydan mass.  The tunes still linger in my head after hearing them for the first time today.  A treasure for sure.  

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Wed. I'm back Thanks be to God!

Wednesday

Thursday