Thursday.

 A week from today our oldest grandson Jacob is graduating from High School.  It's one of those mile-marker events.  A graduation party with friends happens near the middle of June. Then in August a move to Michigan State at Lansing Mi. for the beginning of four years of living on campus, ending with a degree in music performance and music education. Congratulations Jacob. 

Love in a Mist flower also known as Nigella.  These little gems seed themselves and are in many places on purpose.  By mid-summer, the plant will be gone but their seeds for next year are either in the ground or saved for planting next spring.  Both ways work. I think there are blue and pink ones as well.  Such a delicate pretty flower that has a beautiful seed ball, just as pretty as the flower.  

Today was another interesting day.  The morning was filled with friends at church preparing the sanctuary for Pentecost this Sunday.  I will say it's my favorite Sunday of the year and when asked to set a date for surgery, I decided it needed to be after Pentecost.  Crazy, isn't it?  And as usual with my iPhone camera in my pocket the whole morning I forgot to do anything with it.  So pictures will come later.  It's the red Sunday!  The birthday of the church.  Who doesn't like a birthday celebration!

This little bush began blooming today.  It's Mock Orange.  It's a mom memory of having had this bush at my childhood home in Ohio.  The Mock Orange and Peony flowers were my mother's wedding flowers.  They bring memories every spring of her reminding me of that event.. 

I have a very special friend Karen who has a pottery shop in Broadripple.  When I see her car at the shop I usually stop in to talk.  That happened today and with another wonderful conversation time together sharing the ups and downs of life.  Her prayer rug will be busy Tuesday.  Catholic nuns know how to do that well. Karen always has time for folks no matter what.  She is such a blessing.


This red smoke tree of 47 years still comes through adding interest to the garden. Its shape would say it's not a tree but it still has merit.  We'll keep it as long as it wants to stay.  This is its blooming time of year.  That's the smoke part. 

In the afternoon I walked the garden doing some watering where needed.  A few more seeds were planted just for fun.  You may remember my friend Stella.  I called on her to help with clipping spent iris in one of the flowerbeds.  My back does not work well with bending over for periods of time so Stella offered her seat and I did gardening with her help.  It felt pretty luxurious to sit while gardening.

                                        Just a few flowers remain.  This part of the spring is over.  

There was supper on the patio.  I commented to a friend by text in Sterling Michigan that the environment reminded me of Copper Harbor.  A cool temperature in the 60s with a slight breeze off of Lake Superior and a gentle sun made me want to sit where I could warm up a bit.   I would need to be dreaming if I heard the waves hit the rocky shore.  My Sterling friends are camping friends.  I'm thinking of August again.  It's always a good thing to be looking ahead. And yes, there will be an after-cancer time after next Tuesday.  Gratitude abounds.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wed. I'm back Thanks be to God!

Wednesday

Thursday