Tuesday.,

 First on the list.  The text messages were numerous early this morning.  Thank you so much.  It makes such a difference to me.  Thank you, Thank you. And once again the jitters never showed up.  My mind was in a good place for the work ahead. And there was work. 

Up early again and I readied myself for the work ahead.  Nothing but a house coat and sandals became the dress of the morning. I needed to make this easy for me and anything else involved.  We arrived at 7:40 along with a host of others ready for the IU North surgery crew.  I was number three for my surgeon and the real thing actually started around 10 AM.  There always will be work for her no matter what.  Cancer just is!  And true to promises I was home by early afternoon, let's say around 1.  I had my usual lunch and shared how much better to recuperate at home.  What did I do?  Sleep, walk around a little, Sleep, and walk around a little. Ate and Sleep with some TV.  And let's say I did a lot of texting back to my friends and family.  A Patty Hefner salad on the patio with the best pineapple.was supper.

         There's enough for another meal!  Lucky us.! The placemats have the exact blue found in the             Kimmy/Jared blue mug glaze. The darker blue is the same as the Dennis glaze. Amazing

The Cancer story being written today is telling us more and more that the story written two years ago seems to be related.  The uniqueness is that if they are, they have appeared out of order.  But maybe they haven't. They did become evident backward.  Breast cancer is there but tucked away and hidden for a very long time.  The head cancer bump taking the lead.  That's the conversation that will happen with Dr. Schneider near the end of the month.  And the truth is that some things remain a mystery known only to God. That doesn't keep me from wondering.  

I met more interns today who have read the first chapters of the story.  Another teaching moment, learning something new about cancer's uniqueness.

So what else happened today different than what you have read?  This morning with one more trip around the garden I checked out chewed-up common milkweed.  Sure enough Monarch caterpillar number one is now in the container.  I can't find last year's screened container so I'm ordering a new one from Amazon.  This one is a little bigger and will be easier to load with milkweed leaves.  I'm an optimist planning for a good summer.  One is never assured of that happening but I can hope! 

A new beginning and a wonderful way to start May 30, 2023.  If one believes in signs, I certainly had one. This little girl/guy has been around a while.  I would say the size is medium.  

                         I'm planning on a big summer of Monarchs with a cage coming from Amazon.

Look at this Big Bertha.  It's about an inch long and today's heat helped to make that happen.  One of my growing-up friends Lavera's mother was the only Bertha I ever knew and she was not big.  I guess those two words go together because they start with B.  What else could it be. 

Tonight I took a mug of water to one plant I missed yesterday. And LOW and BEHOLD...I think I found a teeny tiny little swamp milkweed growing.  More food if it pulls through.  That happened last year but the little plant didn't make it through the winter. Another new beginning for today.  

Thanks be to God. He makes all thing possible. Today I felt like the clay in the potter's hands. My body has had the task of teaching.  May that possibility exist for more of his children providing more healing moments for those who need them.  


The reality that today is almost at its end is a gift that brings gratitude.  



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wed. I'm back Thanks be to God!

Wednesday

Thursday