Friday

You have had a little peek into areas of the garden. This afternoon I took a lot of close-up pictures of some flowers that are blooming.  It's getting exciting in the garden.  Tomorrow the first Colendula will be out and about!  It's a wonderful little workhorse with one drawback.  If not deadheaded it forgets to bloom stopping in its tracks. It's peddles are eatable and fun to put in cookies.   

                        This clematis has been around for many years.  It's really prolific this year. 


 I will say this morning's start was like none other.  Before seven I was in the car delivering another chipmunk to the woods where I'm sure he met many other friends recently delivered from our address.  They say that chipmunk families can number two or six or something in between or even more.  So the current family that moved in here I think was at least three in number.  And then this afternoon Doug delivered another member to the woods.  They just keep coming and we just keep moving them on to their next home.  Our eviction force seems to be working with great speed.  

                            Surprise, Surprise.  This little plant supports three different flowers.                                                       About 12 plants came from the plant swap at church.  I'm impressed.  
 

I think I have a pulled muscle that's been around now for maybe three days.  Today I let it have time off from any hard work.  I managed to do some deadheading with the help of my friend Stella.  I'm sure some of you remember her well.  She certainly makes bending over for 5 or 10 minutes at a time when snipping away easier.  I just sat and did gardening the easy way.  So flowers were dead headed and the Oregano got a great trim job.  The garbage can really smells wonderful.  

               The Dianthus is still beautiful.  There are so many shades of red besides this striking pink.

Noah rode his bike to our house this morning staying till mid-afternoon.  What a treat.  He helped with watering and eating ice cream and playing 3-13.  Fun, fun.  Friday visits are wonderful with Noah. 

Supper on the patio again with a salad that came from the garden adding a homegrown pepper to the leaf lettuce this time.  

                                                    The top of the moulin plant.  

Today was an easy Friday I need to plan a few more of them now that most all of the early garden work is finished.  We're just waiting now for the results from all that early work to develop into something even better.  

                    Once again Love in a Mist.  The seed pods are just as interesting as the flower. 

One of these days we'll be adding butterflies to the garden.  Patience is a virtue!  It's hurry up and wait time.  


                                        I wish you all could see the real Bear's Britches.                                                                                      What a wonderfully put-together plant to fuss over.  

I think I captured all 7 monarch chrysalides hanging plus one swallowtail chrysalide.  There are a total of 4 swallowtail waiting.  I think we will soon see these change from green to a dark brown and then able to see the monarch colors through a clear coating.  Let's hope that doesn't happen until at least a series of  80 degree temperature makes it possible for the Monarch to fly. I haven't seen any butterflies in the garden lately.  Let's hope that changes soon. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tuesday

Monday

Monday