Friday.

 What happened today?  


I took Eric to Nora to catch the bus to work. Wordle happened in three.  Crossword was a little easier today.  Easier than yesterday.  So the morning got it's start as it usually does.  Routine! 

I spent the morning deadheading.  One thing that really hurts but I know it's for the best is snipping off that first bud of the zinnia plant.  I always look forward to seeing what color each plant is.  Snipping just makes me wait longer.  But...snipping also makes the plant bushier with more flowers.  So this year I snipped more zinnias.  Some are still small for the trim job but it won't be long before it happens.  

                                                        A big drift of Becky Daisy's.


I checked the Cosmo bed and I think I saw something happening.  Another day will tell the tale.  I fluffed all the beds and moved three zinnias to another space that needed help. Last evening's rain was wonderful and it is 9:50 pm now with thunder rumbling.  Woo.  How fortunate.  

Today, there was nothing but blue sky.  I really enjoyed that will patio sitting and watching another swallowtail emerge.  


The afternoon was pretty quiet.  It seems that a long morning of work leaves less energy for the afternoon.  But I'll take a good half day for sure.  

                                Another great reminder of our vacations along Lake Superior.                                                              A small polished by tumbling in Superior.  Once in a while, you get lucky. 

Friday's supper was another wonderful Needlers Chicken Pot Pie made by Kat.  They are so good and one pie is big enough to take care of two plates.  We finished supper with another round of 3/13. 

I pulled more Love in Mist plants while deadheading. .  The seed pods need to dry so hanging them in the garage helps that to happen.  One of the beds will be filled with them next year.  The seeds planted this spring will support many flowers.  


 I had a wonderful visit with my neighbor's daughter Shannon who is visiting for a week no, but now living in Mexico.  Shannon and her sister Cory grew up with our two boys.  We've known these girls for nearly 50 years.   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wed. I'm back Thanks be to God!

Wednesday

Thursday