Saturday

 An experience I could do without.  Sometimes there is no choice.  So a few details.  Last night as usual in bed by 10 which started with a good sleep.  By 11 I was wide awake with a chest that felt like a blood pressure cuff was doing a squeeze job under my sternum.  Bummer.  A decision to head North again was made with the results being, NO results.  Two nitroglycerin pills fixed the problem and back home again by 3 receiving the emergency room routine that included blood work, chest x-ray, and more.  So there will be follow-up calls next week with a few doctors.  I  will add the blood pressure numbers were over the moon again which might have caused the squeeze feel.  It's time for an answer. 

The first Calendula.  A beautiful yellow with a tinge of orange is found painted on each peddle.  I'm always impressed with how clear and pure-looking Calendula color is expressed. 


So today's activities?  I would say not very many.  The garden is holding steady.  I cut out a few tomato leaves opening up space for the sun.  Then I deadheaded a pot of flowers and watered well the tomatoes, squash, and cucumber plants. Slept a lot and talked to Jared and Kimmy for quite a while.  Easy day for sure. 


                                                   Treasures I find as I walk the garden.

A few years ago when North Church was experiencing a major remodeling in many areas.  The renewal of a slate roof was one of the items completed.  I asked one of the workers if some slate pieces too damaged to use were available.  The answer...yes.  I painted the slate and hung them in the garden.  Today I redid those slates.  One had the original saying and the other was completely erased with the message forgotten.  So new words happened and the slates have been returned to the fence after years of looking too trashy to hang.  Something different for the day that allowed a bit of creativity.  


Nothing new to report in the butterfly world.  That includes the garden plants with no new caterpillars sighted.  It's pretty quiet although today's temperatures can support butterfly movement.  One of the common milkweed flowers attracted a honey bee that I found interesting.  The wing construction is awesome.  


Another day observing interesting gifts found in nature. Once again feeling gratitude for those working in the health field.  Thanks be to God.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tuesday

Monday

Monday