Sunday.
Yesterday I posted a yellow Colendula, Today you get to see an orange one.
Another clematis picking up blooming steam. The plant is not as big as the first one posted but just as beautiful or even better. Two great colors across the color wheel make a wonderful posting.
A Sunday full of no surprises! I'll take it. Another church morning with a whole lot of good stuff happening. Another small group session after church that included lunch and a great discussion on North's Declaration. Our own statement of who we are drafted a couple of years ago and once again discussing part of the declaration the first three Sundays in June.
These tomatoes will be yellow. Always trying something different.My neighbors returned home last night. Kathy, from a long trip to California, to help with her son's family that included grandson Konnar who is in treatment for Cancer. So far his body is responding to that treatment. Because Bill gave me rhubarb which I stored in the freezer, I had enough to make a pie for them. Still using Doug's mother's recipe that includes orange juice, nutmeg, eggs, and sugar making a wonderful custard for the rhubarb. DELICIOUS as I remember it! Did I take a picture...No!
Both of the Russell sons checked in with Doug to wish him a Happy Fathers'Day.
One of the two Swallowtails before eating was finished. This one ate a huge branch of fennel and a whole lot of dill in about a half day. That was Saturday.
The rest of the afternoon and evening I watched the caterpillars. The two buddies now have finished eating and are in the process of moving into their chrysalis. That means that for the 4 hours I watched they were up and down and down and up busy moving continually. How many times...I couldn't say. One kept bumping into all his friends hanging at the top in their chrysalis and then falling to the floor of the cage. How many times? Couldn't give you a number on that either. I think by tomorrow they will be bundled up tight in the next stage of development. Just too tired to do anything else. Then it's about a two-week wait till we see butterflies.
I figured out how to make the flash work. I am so happy you can see what I can see. There are two chrysalis that look like this. Look at that orange peaking through telling me that we might have one and maybe two Monarchs tomorrow. It is 9:45pm at this posting. Of the two last holdouts one is still climbing and the other one seems pretty quiet.
Comments
Post a Comment