Thursday

 Great morning with a little extra sleep.  Awake by seven.  That's late for me.  Wordle and Crossword went well although into the crossword for a few minutes gave me a headache thinking I won't get this one.  Well, persistence paid off and success came again. Breakfast under the umbrella on the patio.  A sweet place to see a whole lot of yard happenings.  

                            Doing better this year.  Last year the bugs got them.  It wasn't pretty.                                                  I'm watching them closer this year.  They deserved a better life.  I'm trying harder.

Later in the morning, I delivered the red beets to my sister Mary K. A whole lot of talk happened.   It's wonderful to have a sister so close. 

I tore out some old parsley.  It has a two-year cycle and germinates at a snail's pace. I've got to keep it going.  The second year it bolts going to seed.  There is more first year in the garden.  I love to sew some seeds next to the back door near the kitchen.

   It's just a little patch but just beside this space is another one where I planted parsley three weeks ago.                          It is just emerging now.  One needs to be patient with parsley and plan ahead.  


I gave one sprinkling can with water-dissolved fertilizer to one of the needy beds. There was a possibility of rain later in the day and we were not disappointed. This one did not evaporate a mile west of us.  There is nothing better than the real thing. We had an inside supper.  

                            This sunflower belongs to my neighbor Kathy.  Mine were eaten by the dere.                                      Kathy's are inside a fence but now growing over the top.and rain uld push out the smoke                                 but it is still with us.  


 The brightness of the sky pulled me into the yard to take this picture at 9:30 tonight.  The rain is over and cloud definitions are apparent.  But the smell of the fire still is with us. The earth is washed again. 

                                        The skies light reflected on the wet bark of the maple tree. 
                There are times when a low light reflection exposes gestures.  Got to love this picture.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wed. I'm back Thanks be to God!

Wednesday

Thursday