Tuesday.

 It was a very good day.  Remember the song that starts that way?  Was it a P Como song? Sinatra? It's singing in my head.  Today was a very. very, very good day. Who could beat Wordle in two?  Only Jared and I got the two for the day.  Jared said even a blind squirrel finds a nut by accident sometimes. So are we squirrels.  Don't think so. Crossword came through on the easy scale.  

                            Another beautiful calendula.  Sometimes they are called pot marigolds.                                                                          God took a paint brush to the peddles.  

And the first phone call of the day gave me the news that the new breast margins are GREAT.  Can you believe all that good stuff before 9:30?  Sent the news out to a few friends by text!  And Kathy called and we had a rousing good visit.  Next surgeon visit next Monday and next visit with the Breast Cancer Doc. a week after that.  Let's wrap this up with a bow! 


Then off to the dentist for a six months visit.  I breath good thoughts. So that went much better than I anticipated.  A quick clean but I also heard that when I choose, another crown needs to be replaced. The dentist said, when I'm ready.  I think about the choose for sure. Right now...NO pain. That news was not so good but I did put it off for two years.  I'm beginning to believe that experiencing cancer and the baggage it brings. dental care brings a whole lot of anxiety. I'd like to be left alone.  But can't. On the way home I stopped at two flower-selling places.  One of course was Rosie's which to pass her I had to drive out of my way.  Just a little way.  1/8 of a mile at the most.  Dah!  

This little Yaro flower has had a hard existence growing at the edge of the flowerbed and into the yard for a couple of years.  It has received some harsh treatment from time to time. It has a tendency to spread so it's not one of my favorite flowers.  It keeps persisting. When visiting Rosie the price of the plant was impressive although all plant costs have risen this year.  So my better self said, "Take care of Yaro".  You can find it in the flowerbed now in a better place. 

To get me through the head radiation process two years ago I made many visits to Rosie's always looking forward to those flower visits after a session. Today I made that visit to celebrate the MARGIN news. The Rosie folks are aware of their importance in my healing routine.   So three little plants now are planted beside the patio serving as a healing reminder.  Showers of Blessings. Another song playing in my head. 

                    A wonderful marker of a good day that included a wonderful telephone message. 

I decided to make another attempt at growing Cosmos.  The Michigan Russells last summers planting just stays with me.  So many beautiful Cosmos.  I think my first attempt at planting two packets pretty much was a bust because my watering process just washed the seeds out of the ground.  Today I dug out some black-eyed Susans to enlarge a spot beside the few that made it.  I dug and raked the soil, watered the dirt, and then planted the seeds.  Fingers crossed this time.  I've got to do better.  

            A new try of 16 seeds planted with hope to add to the 6 other cosmo plants that have emerged.  

Today I discovered another Monarch caterpillar on the common milkweed.  Two now are keeping each other company.  



Two swallowtail emerged today.  Exciting to find them  hanging from the roof of the cage. Doug got some good pictures and I added a few. 

            The first swallowtail.  The orange changed to yellow with drying. They looked like twins.   


                                    The second swallowtail.  I said it was a very good day.

I made a short trip to Kat's Needler's grocery store to buy two wonderful potpies that Kat makes to sell in the Deli.  Easy supper.  Tonight it's Beef and tomorrow night Chicken.  Yum, Yum.  Kat was working in the Deli and Andrew was doing the cash register.  And I bought pies.  Seemed to be a Russell moment. We had supper on the patio even though it was apparent that smoke and the smell of burning wood from the Canadian fires was rather thick.  Another game of 3/13 happened...I won. 

Today was a very good day.  One to keep in the memory bank to pull out and remember.  Mercy drops fell around me.  Another part of the Showers song.  I often wonder what mental images other folks rely on when surrounded by those harder moments in living.

Comments

  1. Lela,
    My mother's cousins (Musette and Ike Hammond) lived in Golden Hill in the house next to the totem pole by the gatehouse entrance. Many of my Tutor friends lived there, too. Such a secluded, beautiful area tucked away behind Woodstock CC. Many memories of being there.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Wed. I'm back Thanks be to God!

Wednesday

Thursday