July 23 Sunday.

A wonderful cool sunny morning to spend time on the patio with the morning paper, the birds,

and all the sights that come alongside the garden walk.

A sweet little Carolina Wren sang to me this morning while sitting on top of this birdhouse not more than 6 ft. from me. The sparrows have stuffed this house full.  Then they just leave.  I guess the fun is over for them when the stuffing is finished.  It's happened before and will probably happen again.

I been thinking for a while about a couple of empty spots that appeared after trimming off all the first blooms from the perennials.  Only thinking...but this morning I got tired of the thinking about part and moved 6 marigolds that were not doing so well to a place with better soil and where a watchful eye could help. Yes all that in my good church clothes.  I did get a bit of a muddy splatter but decided, what the heck.  My church clothes are going to church no matter what. And I did get away with it.


G

                                    In a better place having a better chance to do better things.                                                                                 Filling spaces means fewer places for weeds to find footing.  

It was a busy morning at church with back to school, backpack, and recognition of all those who are students as well adults with school-related jobs. A prayer of thanksgiving and dedication was offered.  Amy offered an inspiring sermon with many things to think about.  She has entered seminary to fulfill her dedication to ministry.  


Lots of visiting, reconecting, and more after church.  

Home for a while and then a trip to JoAnns for some 70% off flannel.  I hope to make some baby things in the fall.  Impossible to pass up a 70% off flannel sale. I'm thinking of sewing but only thinking.  Sounds like something I just wrote about. 

                                                    It sounds like a job fit for the fall.  

Last Saturday I cut flowers for a few vases for a neighbor's party.  Today I called them over the hill flowers.  So new ones were traded for the over the hill bunch. 

            The sun shining in from the west really electrifies the zebra grass in this arrangement. 

Sweet pale yellow cosmos beginning to bloom in the garden.  Cosmos with shades of pink are a bit more common.  They will be coming on later in the year.  

                            Another pretty Becky Daisy arrangement with some Sea Oats Grass added.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Wed. I'm back Thanks be to God!

Wednesday

Thursday