July 26 Wednesday.

 I can remember that Doug took the big blues to the street and the lawn was mowed so it's Wednesday.  I need those markers.  You know the morning routine.  It happened.  We had a wonderful rain last night and the garden needed to be checked.  Yup.  The State Fairs lost their footing.  So a lot of prop ups happened.  In some cases the heavy flowers added to the tip.  So...Off with the flowers.  


                                                A vase of leftovers looking pretty snazzy.  

I put together two flower arrangements to take to Rita.  That's where the zinnias went.  Becky Daisys filled another vase.  We had a great visit.  I need to do the flower thing again.  It's a great excuse to head south to see a good friend.  

                                        Mr. and Mrs. Wren have moved into the trailer.                                                                        They are out of luck if they are thinking of a Michigan camping trip with us.  

I did a bit more clipping but the ground is way too wet to do anything else.  And another rain came just after noon blessing us once more.  There is a strong promise of high 90's toward the end of the week.  Summer time and the liv'in is HOT.  

                                                    Back in business for a little while.


While checking the garden...Wallah.  Swallowtail caterpillars on the Rue.  Three.  Two are in the house now in their screened-in room! The third one is hiding.  If I can find an adopter they will be moved on..  If not I'll just put them back in the garden where I found them. 


A pretty calendula opening.  I wish they would last longer.  I would say maybe three days at the most. 

I need to say that tomorrow came today.  I have a clean kitchen floor with the garage blown out, the dining room vacuumed and the patio hosed off.  All with the hope that the kitchen floor will stay clean.  We seem to drag evidence of the outside to the inside in the summer.  At one time I blamed the kids.  Can't do that now.  It's US! One more scratch off, scratched off.  Doug got a haircut.  That's one of his scratch-offs.  The to-go list is getting shorter.    (I think you all know what a clean floor looks like!  No picture)

I did a super clean-up job on the folding table we fill with kitchen stuff at the campsite.  Done!  It was a needy table.  The best part...I remembered to clean it this year. 

Supper was inside tonight.  I've done enough sweating for the day.  We played part of a 3/13.  Doug met Eric at the bus. Kat was picking up Andrew at camp again.  Another short week of camp counseling.  Andrew and Noah have both had great summer experiences.  When the game was finished LR was the winner again!


An early shower helped to cool me off and I heard the chair say welcome!  I answered, here am I!  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wed. I'm back Thanks be to God!

Wednesday

Thursday