Aug 23 Wednesday.

 First!  If you happened to be praying that I have a great night of sleep...your prayers were answered.  It was an all-nighter waking up at the alarm clock at 6:10 AM.  What a wonderful gift to start the day.  And the day started with all the other usual stuff.  

                                        This morning's garden walk started at the Hibiscus. 

A trip to Aldi's got me started on a new casserole recipe with broccoli and ham.  I divided it into two baking dishes.  One for us and one for Rita and Bob.  It was fun to make.  The results being in the I'm not too certain section.  Since radiation eating is a different experience.  It could be old age come to think of it. Food has an uncertain taste. But I added Harvard Betts to the meal.  Now that is one delicious dish.  It tastes wonderful.  It could be the bite that vinegar brings.  I did enjoy time in the kitchen making the new dish.  I'm sure another new something will be coming soon.


The walk continued to a bigger garden bed where another beautiful volunteer hibiscus with a new all-pink blossom is surrounded by Blackeyed Susans and Mexican Sunflowers. 

My afternoon meeting with Darren and Heidi was a huge success.  We talked about the coming sermon series and fine-tuned the visuals that will support each Sunday's sermon.  I love working with folks who can apply the polish that brings the best out in planning. 

 

                                                        A view through the laddis work.

Another stop at Aldi's for a couple of things I forgot during the last two shopping trips.  Some days are like that, even in Carmel. I'm all set now for a while.


    A warm afternoon picture that once again sees butterflies bouncing from flower to flower. A Monarch joined the gang.

Supper, another game, and another evening in front of the fan.  There should be heat relief at the end of the week.  

And now once again for memory lane.  You saw a few days ago Jacob holding a pillow that he made years ago.  Kimmy found two gems that I want to share with you.  And yes Dee.  It brought tears of memory. The garden had its healing moments this morning. I needed that.  


Jacob, still in his PJ bottoms working at the sewing machine.  Unable to reach the feed peddle on the floor, Grandma's foot managed that aspect, making sure that fingers were not near the needle.  

                                                        A proud young Jacob. 

Persistence paid off just as it has with his clarionet.  This weekend Jacob will have his last lesson with his teacher who has guided him through so many lessons of learning.  More pesky auditions coming soon.  Jacob says he's ready! 

 

And here again, is the firstborn Grandson just yesterday outside his dorm room.  A freshman at Michigan State.  Where did the time go? What I have is the gift of many wonderful memories that will continue to fill my bushel basket also filled with love.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wed. I'm back Thanks be to God!

Wednesday

Thursday