Aug 24. Thursday

 As promised, today was a HOT one.  A very hot one.  I think I read that the heat index was in the teen hundreds.  So what did I do with a very steamy day?  Not much or even better nothing at all.  It was a day to sit in front of a fan and dream about air conditioning or something close to that.  Days like today are few and far between.  Living through it means that today is done.  

                                    Another hibiscus plant with many more one-day flowers. 

It started with wordle which didn't go very well.  So I quit that one.  The crossword was better.  Breakfast happened and the morning was one that came next.  It was pretty simple.  At 11;15 I was off to Woody's library restaurant with lunch with Carol and Jan, my first-grade teaching buddies longer ago than I can remember unless I really think.  


                                            A cleome with stripped peddles.  A nice variation.

The afternoon brought lots of bird activity at the feeders.  The finch birds are overtaking the finch feeders in great numbers.  It was not unheard of to have at least five birds at the feeder while fussing away at each other.  There was more fan time in the afternoon.  



A couple of days ago Doug announced that we should have a restaurant meal together marking our 56th wedding anniversary.  It really happened while we were camping. Our favorite restaurant for an oriental meal closed a few months ago.  I spent some time googling to find another one and that hunt was successful.  

                                    A cardinal taking advantage of a fresh handful of sunflower seeds. 

The evening happened with the TV.  We are through the worst of the week.  Tomorrow should be better with moderation starting.  Thank goodness.  We have had hot July's but 2023 has brought a gang buster hot August.  We could save some of this heat for the winter.  Fewer inches of snow would be nice.  

Comments

  1. How often I think of the Mandarin Inn where we ate when I was little. The fried rice had bamboo shoots and water chestnuts - now you get some peas and cubed carrots.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Wed. I'm back Thanks be to God!

Wednesday

Thursday