Aug 25 Friday

 

                                                            State Fair Zommoas/

Another day of heat and I'm a wet rag!  Just go away is my mantra.  Next week can't get here quickly enough. This morning was another one of those 3 AM things.  That doesn't make anything better either.  I'm just happy I don't have a responsible job somewhere.  So what have I done today? Sleep.  Yes, today has been a bit of a foggy day in front of the fan with my eyes closed.    




I spent about 5 minutes in the garden this morning dumping a few containers of clippings that I collected a few days ago.   There were about 5 minutes of patio sitting until it got too hot.  


We're having a meal with the Mamlins tonight at Rick's Boatyard .  Joe and Sarah Ellen worked in Kenya for many years.  Joe's first nurse was Regina.  She developed serious heart issues that were repaired at Indiana University Hospital.  While Regina was recuperating she spent some of that time living with us.  Regina is back for a visit and we will be spending the dinner hour with her.  Kenya is never very far away as memories fill spaces in our lives.  

                                    A great meal with two of my Kenyan friends, Regina and Javan.    

Tomorrow promises to be more moderate in temperature.  I just won't be here soon enough for me. It's a soup kitchen morning.  Two of our workers are beginning a trip to Scottland meaning we will be short of workers.  So...I'll be in early to start the process.  Sarah Ellen will be there with Regina.  That's a very good thing.    

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wed. I'm back Thanks be to God!

Wednesday

Thursday