August 27 Sunday.

 Today once again I feel like a human being.  The heat is gone for now.  Sincerely, thanks be to God.  This last week has been tough for many reasons, heat being one huge reason.  

                                        This greeted me this morning as I opened the patio door.  

It was church day and we needed to be there early to be at a table answering questions about Bread and Bowl.  Once again it was talk time with folks learning about our mission to the neighborhood providing meals three days a week.  We offer meals to eat at the church and meals that can be taken out.  We have reached 10,000 meals already this year.  We're rolling!  


I tried a new way of hearing the sermons.  I lived streamed the sermon while sitting in the sanctuary.  The sound system is not compatible with my hearing aids.  There is a delay in hearing the sermon but I'll take it. It's not the best but it works.  


With the heat not a factor, I spent some time in the garden watering the pots filled with plants.  I picked some tomatoes and peppers and put together some flower arrangements. One for our neighbors Kathy and Bill, one I'll deliver to Rita and Bob sometime tomorrow, and the last one for me. 


I delivered the neighbor's arrangement and got an invitation to stay a while visiting with them and Kathy's family.  What fun.  We talked and laughed and then did it all over again more times than I can remember.  That went on until dark!  It was a very short walk home for a little TV and then another night of rest with windows wide open and a fresh breeze for the night.  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wed. I'm back Thanks be to God!

Wednesday

Thursday