August 29 Tuesday

 It's been another good day starting with a good sleep.  I'd like to make it three in a row.  Doug was up early and I was at work on the crossword.  So he had to wait on the paper for a little bit.  Easy crossword.  The morning temperature was very crisp with a registered 55.  

                Another tomato is on the way.  They just keep coming at a pace we can keep up with.

Then it was to the garden in another area with weeding and edging.  I'm addicted,  This place was a bit more complicated with needing different things. I emancipated some stepping stones. I need to do more.  But I persevered until I didn't! 

                                    My flower rule for today was if it's tilting it gets chopped.  

Doug needed to make a drugstore run and while there he got his flu shot.  He also got another one, not covid booster.  I think it has something to do with keeping one's lungs healthy.  And he forgot his HAT at the drugstore.  Mercy me!  So I went back with him and got my two shots also.  We'll be ready for COVID boosters which should be sometime mid September.  On the way home passing the neighbors and seeing what free stuff they were giving away, I said...that's mine.  So we walked home a good-looking two-seater glider. Immediately it found a place on the patio.  

My little gardener bear, a gift many years ago from Eric and Kat gets a corner seat.  A nice little addition to the patio.  Later I went back and retrieved a common ordinary plastic chair that I cleaned and bleached.  I'll find a place in the garden to sit and rest my tired bones on that chair. I'll add a cup of coffee while resting. 

I finished, no quit around noon.  My knee today has not been happy.  So this afternoon there were some simple things like pulling a few more weeds and taking a good sleep.  Easy does it.


.  This little walkway was a mess.  You can see the cement blocks now.  Did you notice the rake by the door?  That is where the garden tools are kept in the summer ready to be summed into action. The clippers are close by.



The cool morning made it difficult for this little bee to wake up.  The Mexican Sunflower was loaded with dew. A great picture to remember. 



Please don't ask me what this Hosta's name is.  It blooms the best-smelling flower that one can smell across the patio.  I love the clean, clean white of the flower. 


With daily regularity, the Monarch shows up in the afternoon when the sun is shining. The Swallowtails are not far behind. 
                         

                        What a pretty combination of colors.  Both at their best for starting the day.

Today, my tent was folded soon after lunch.  Enough fun for the day so the body said.  The knee got a little attention.  We'll see what it says tomorrow.  There should be a field trip to the flowing well with gallon jugs in tow.  The time is yet to be determined.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wed. I'm back Thanks be to God!

Wednesday

Thursday