August 31 Thursday.

 Another super day.  This morning I took time to set on the chair.  What a treat.  It was a cool morning with the birds flitting about.  While sitting I thought of the flowers at my feet giving their best without saying a word but their message was being heard loud and clear. I will do this again tomorrow.  This is my Father's world.  It feels more like my Mother's world or garden.  All nature sings and around me rings the music of the sphere. In the rustling grass I hear her pass. She speaks to me everywhere.  I'm wondering where you hear your mothers?


This is the sight I saw from the chair this morning.  The sun shone from the east coming over my shoulder.  It was so quiet and still.  A magical moment in the garden. The chair is open any time of the day for anyone who wants to sit.  It's waiting for a passenger. My neighbor Judy has a wonderful saying in her garden.  There is always music in the garden but...one must be silent to hear it.  


Today, there was time to check out what had not been checked out for a while, notably the front and north sides of the house.  There are few flowers planted in this area, just shade plants, many being hostas.  The deer have left evidence, lots of evidence that this area was their dining room with many ripped hosta leaves.  It was a clipping and snipping morning.  I also call it standing on one's head morning.  I won't say it looks a whole lot better but at least it might be called neater with deer nibbles gone. 

                    I'm feeling a change in the air.  When that happens the garden work also changes.  

Later in the morning Allen McC. stopped by to pick up some requested church linens I bought for the Gathering Center. There should be a good supply of towels and draining cloths that can be in supply when items are washed.  

I had time to plant the fall lettuce and some hollyhock seeds given to me by the Bumble Hill gardener during our camping time this year.  I am sure her hollyhocks will be nicer given the lake breezes that feed her garden.  I'll just see them earlier and with a shorter season. 


I made some changes to the fairy garden.  Since fairies can fly I decided that the move can be made to the many shelves of artist fungus that are hanging from the tree!  Have fun fairy friend. 


Later in the day I clipped and snipped off hibiscus branches where all the blooming had finished.  The cosmos were liberated and it's their time to shine.  They are late summer bloomers.  The freshly repainted butterfly was positioned in a new place.  I love seeing things that have found new places to shine.  It's a remodel with little money used.  


I made a trip to Aldi's for ice cream!  I spent some time with Beth Galloway getting answers and making decisions about a coming church birthday party on Oct 1.  Beth and Eric live about two miles down the road making connecting visually with them easy

       Here's another rock and roll picture.  Arf!    Arf!   Arf!!!!  I love finding the marble reflections in the           gazing ball.  Dee, which shooters or peewees are your favorite? Rita reminded me of those terms.

Supper with all the usual happenings and a quiet evening followed.  My kind of day again.  I'm blessed beyond measure as one of my garden slates reminds me.  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wed. I'm back Thanks be to God!

Wednesday

Thursday