Sunday

 Church Day!   Another wake up at 3:30 but I stayed in bed and eventually..(about 2 hrs. later)  went back to sleep.  I'll take it.  Well, not the awake but the extra 2 hrs of sleep.  Whatever I can get is good enough.  I finished some burps (please excuse me) before going to church.  LOL

We visited with folks before church and then it was time to find the pew.  We have quite a little group that hangs together, most of us with hearing aids so we're smoking out the best place to hear.  I think we have found a good spot.  The children choir sang What a Friend We Have In Jesus.  There were some verses in Swahili. 


This is my friend Sarah Ellen sitting beside me in church listening to the children having spent more than 20 years living in Kenya where Swahili is the language of the day along with a few others. Her feet were moving.  Her smile was the best. They will be visiting Kenya for a few weeks again in January

Becky Archibald played one of her own compositions along with  Prelude No. 2 by G Gershwin.  So nicely done in every way. The morning was about Grace offered to all.  Amy preached a dynamite sermon.  I talked with Darren about the coming All Saints Sunday and planned and announced a work day this coming Wednesday.  The church year is getting even busier.

The day continued feeling a bit damp and gray with cooler temperatures evident.  I harvested all the peppers that filled an ice cream bucket to overflowing.  


Some of the greens will turn to red in a few days. We could have our first frost tonight.

I mentioned the weather temperature is changing.  We are having rain now and the leaves are making a major attempt to leave the trees.  
I love this time of year when the air has a special feel that says there is something coming that is a little different.  Get ready.  Find some warm clothes.  Get ready for something new. 

Today the sewing machine worked on another sheet bought at Goodwill.  It's such good fabric at a wonderful price.  I visited JoAnn this afternoon but left all the fabric at the store.  The flannel sale is over for now.  I'll wait for the next one.  My flannel stash is big enough and waiting for me.   

The number of burp cloths continues to grow.  The fabric is so interesting and soft.  Praying for the mothers and babies who will be receiving through the Goodwill program continues as well. 

We are up to 70 Burps today.  Easy does it this time around.  I learned my lesson. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wed. I'm back Thanks be to God!

Wednesday

Thursday