Saturday

 Our last day with friends of the monastery.  It's been another great family friend's time.  Last evening and this morning we had visits from some of the monks who have become good friends. Mid-morning the abbot visited and Peter Damian was here.  Peter D the new abbot talor was back again in the afternoon.  

As you can tell from yesterday's pictures, the south, and all its flora is fascinating.  I wish more things were hardier in the north but it's not to be. So I enjoy them when here.  One thing I love is seeing all the long, long pine needles on the forest floor.  So there was a good conversation about them and in the afternoon Jared, Kimmy, and I gathered two rather large bags to line the paths in the Carmel garden.  I am so lucky to have a family that will support all my gathering that has happened over the years.  

                                Two big bags stuffed full of pine needles.  I'm the lucky lady.                                                         My garden paths will be beautiful. I've collected from the north and the south.                                                      My Michigan camping buddies have know that for many years. 

                                                                      Skip Bo kept us busy.   

  There has been more card playing, taking walks, puzzling, and TV watching during the day. The two oldest grandsons stayed up all night playing computer games with friends across the country.  We've found them asleep more times than not.  I think Adam is enjoying his older brother's presence again for the weekend.  
Don't ask me what you call this.  The placemats provided a lot of entertainment.  So I went with it. 

Tomorrow the house will be quiet again.  Brother-in-law Rick left this morning at 9 on the way to visit his son Jason in Nashville.  The Michigan Russells will be leaving early tomorrow with a drive straight to Lansing and Michigan State.  Jacob will be back in the dorm.  Then it's on home to Midland Michigan.  It's about a 14-hour drive with few stops.  

                                        Here is grandma R with her Michigan grandsons.                                                                          There is a tall hidden gene somewhere that popped up just in time for these three.                                                                  Left to Right.  Adam, Eli and Jacob.

Our plan is to take two days to do about a nine-hour drive leaving not so early.  It's that Atlanta thing that goes better for us when it's light after rush hour.  We have Chattanooga figured out missing that city entirely. We should arrive home mid-day on Monday.   One unplanned happening was a tooth that broke on Thursday.  So it's a dentist's call ASAP.  I've already texted.  Tuesday once again is the first day of Advent decorating at church.  I'm ready. 

              Another picture of my pardoners in crime.  Well, we did tell the abbot before the crime. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Wed. I'm back Thanks be to God!

Wednesday

Thursday