Sunday.

 A wonderful church Sunday and you all should have been there.  We've had many good services lately with something special almost every Sunday that has blown me away with emotion.  Keep the Kleenex handy.  Can it get even better? yes.  

        A frosty morning with the soon-to-be-gone brown leaves outlined with white frost.  So pretty. 

Today was our finance pledge Sunday getting ready for the new year.  What would make that more than good?  The sermon but more so for me the message that came from the music.  Today was no exception.  We heard Mark Hayes' version of the Te Deum, an ancient message We praise thee, O God: we acknowledge Thee to be the Lord.  All the earth doth worship Thee, the Father everlasting. Mark H added the notes that brought this more than alive for music lovers.

        So many shades of brown with the bright green of parsley still with us shining in the morning sun. 

Something happened. I sang this Te Deum years ago and when listened today to the choir sing it for me as I mouthed the words, something happened. It's impossible to express in words.  Something happened. The words the music...something happened. Perhaps after experiencing serious health issues and putting all my trust in God, the Te Deum words sank into those inner places that remain hidden on most occasions but were felt so clearly again today. 

I took this picture early this morning catching the texture of this very old maple tree now growing artist fongus shelves.  My little fairy garden objects sit on these shelves during the summer months. 


Less than 5 minutes into the morning service, I texted my friend Nancy in Cleveland and told her to turn on church, which she did. She expressed gratitude for the experience after the service was over. Today will be with me for a very long time.

The last movement...Vouchsafe, O Lord, to keep us this day without sin.: Our trust is in Thee. O Lord, in Thee, have I trusted: let me never be confounded. O Lord, in Thee I trust. I trust in Thee. 

        When leaving church a beautiful blue sky transformed the church's tree of bright red apples.                      What a wonderful sight for the eyes adding to the sounds and message of the morning. 

The afternoon was a bit quiet with the exception of a trip to see JoAnn taking advantage of the 2.99 a yard flannel.  More fabric to take care of the Goodwill babies.  It's in the fabric tub with other material that I'll use in a couple of weeks.  There are other things on my mind for now.  

I spent some time looking for places to sleep tomorrow night on our trip to Conyers.  The supply is ample and there will be a bed for us at some point at some place.  

So now all energy is turned to our trip south. Some clothes are packed.  Tomorrow the freezer is emptied and we'll be off to the south arriving late afternoon or evening on Tuesday at the monastery 20 miles southeast of Atlanta.  

Comments

  1. when you read your e-mail, you will see that you can come directly to the Family Guest House which has been re-furbished and has a new stove because you complained about the old one not working! ! ! (or so Br. Callistus says)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Wed. I'm back Thanks be to God!

Wednesday

Thursday