Tuesday.

 Today's activities have been repeated every year for almost but not quite as long as I can remember.  Well at least for 40-plus years.  It's preparing the church visually for Advent and Christmas Tide.  And tonight I can say we are ready. The new church year calendar begins with Advent. We are ready.

The day started with Eric on the bus and Noah to school.  Kat had an early doctor's appointment and Andrew was staying home sick. One more driver was necessary.  After the delivers were completed it was straight to church for me.  I always like to arrive before all the workers are expected. It keeps me from being behind I think. With so many workers, staying at least with them is good.  The work proceeded through the morning into early afternoon with 10 people finding plenty to do. 

                               Found in many places in the church.  All 24 angels are out and about.

Mid-morning Darren stopped by and Heidi and I took an Advent work break and heard about a big January prayer service that needs visuals.  I felt we were jumping from one frying pan to another.  But it's good to hear what will be our next big event.All this church work with visuals might have something to do with my staying alive with a purpose.  


Then it was more Advent stuff.  I left the church around 1:30. Doug needed the car for a B 12 shot at I U North.  It was good to be home knowing that the body needed a break.  Heidi and I will be back at church tomorrow doing what I call a walk-through.   We'll tie the bow on the big gift to all who worship at North. The day was nothing but a total success. Thank you friends. 

                                    Jesse's stump.  From the root of Jesse shall come...

The afternoon home time brought a little TV, watching the Roselin Carter memorial service. Nancy Baxter texted she also was watching. We visited the Carter Center together on one of the confirmation trips to Atlanta. Supper was more beans, ham, and potatoes tasting just as good or better than last night's meal. 

The time to take pictures was short.  There will be more in the coming days. 


Comments

  1. I like the Advent candles - they remind me of candles made in plastic pipe out of past candles . . . (yes, I read your blog and am still capable of remembering!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks beautiful, Lela. I appreciate your pictures and hard work. SJ

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Wed. I'm back Thanks be to God!

Wednesday

Thursday