Monday.

 First to Dee's inquiry.  At one time I did two chocolate chip bags to one recipe.  Not anymore.  One bag, one recipe.  It's good enough that way.  But it always haunts me.

And now to the rest of the day.  No cookie smells this morning.  Just good old fresh air on my early walk around the garden.  I got Eric off to work.  Then did a few things around the house and then it was off to church to get the fabric I left there yesterday.  But that wasn't all. 


Lent needed to be defined visually so I pulled out things we would use in the sanctuary and planned for the chapel and the west entrance.  It's all set in my mind and needs to be on paper.  We'll pull some of this together Sunday after church when I have the "big guns" meaning some tough guys that can handle big things.  Then the 13th will be the follow-up crew's work morning finishing everything.  I love it when decisions are made choosing from our huge stash of possibilities. Purple is the color for Lent.  There will be a lot of that and we'll use crosses made from Lake Superior driftwood many years ago.  Such sweet reminders of family vacations for me. 


 

Back home again and perfect gardening weather.  I grabbed the rake and cleaned up some yard stuff.  There was work on those cute little hated green weeds.  More were popping up and I found some blooming tiny white flowers.  After flowers come seeds so it was off with their heads in a second.  I burned some grass and cleaned up some pots planted with mint. 

There is one thing I wish I could remember every year.  It's how long it takes to get this body in gardening shape.  That's not a day and not even a week.  But eventually, a morning or afternoon can be supported without getting too tired.  Right now my work time is probably less than 30 minutes.  Woo.  those 30 minutes were tossed aside for today of course come this evening realizing I'm TIRED.  But it was fun at the time. I just hate the after it's over feeling.  There was a great nap that helped a smidgen. 

Kimmy sent me this picture today.  These mugs and bowls have been through the first firing and are ready to be glazed and then sent through the second firing.  She's been a busy potter. It's too cold in Michigan for garden stuff. 

I had medicine to pick up at Walgreens and found the drive-up line to be 8 cars long.  I went home and back 3 hrs later to find the line a bit more acceptable but decided to do my pick up inside.  That was a relatively quick experience. Supper was a bit late because I got hooked again on crossword puzzles.  I've taken time off but Doug continued to cut them out so the stash is large.  They are good thinkers.  Sometimes I call them stinkers!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wed. I'm back Thanks be to God!

Wednesday

Thursday