Tuesday

 There was nothing new about the morning routine.  Same old same old as JB Russell would say.  That was the early morning stuff.  After being back home again after Nora, I got on the computer and dumped my brain as I have done many times.  That dump is all about Lent.  What will happen visually in many places of the church with all in place by Ash Wednesday is now on paper.  So it began with what will happen in the sanctuary, narthex, chapel, and west entrance with a few more smaller places indicated.  Having this on paper helps me as well as those who have assumed responsibilities for each place named.  The questions disappear, well a lot of questions, and the work moves right along.  So the paper is full and my brain is empty as it should be.  


The rest of the day was pretty simple.  I would say a bit of chair sitting, napping, and just sort of letting the mind and body take a day off from a whole lot of something.  The TV political news was interesting, Walking through the garden happened but not having a coat on during the walk caused the walk to be short.  Not a bad decision was to let the garden work wait for a warmer day.  Dah.  I'm always in a hurry with gardening which is not a good thing this time in the year. 

In one section of the garden are Dianthus flowers.  They are early bloomers with sweet little flowers in shades of red pink and white.  The plant stays green so its bright colors really show themselves this time of year.  It gives me hope for the spring. 
I call this the brown season.  This picture shows a part of the Lenten Rose patch.  Most are in this area but not exclusively.  It's not very pretty now but stirring through the patch one will discover flowers waiting for a little more sunshine.   In the next month or two I'll be out with my clippers cutting off leaves from last year.  The patch will look a little better.  

After getting a short letter from my cousin Ada, I thought it was time to call her.  We haven't talked for a very long time.  Ada is a first cousin who is about a month younger than I am.  We were great playmates growing up only 4 miles separating us living in the same community.  So we had a nice chat hearing about each other's growing old adventures.  

Each cover-up needs two D-ring.  I've used 300 rings so that tells me that I've sewn 150 cover-ups.  Woo.  That's a whole lot of cover-ups for a whole lot of nursing moms.  I'm ready to sew a few more.

The last bag of what I hope will be the last shipment of D rings for cover-ups was delivered. I did a bit of preparation for six more that should be completed tomorrow.  I'm winding down on that project but still waiting to hear if that really is the case.   

Supper was a breakfast of Michigan free-range scrambled eggs and bacon.  And then a quiet evening about today's happenings.  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wed. I'm back Thanks be to God!

Wednesday

Thursday