Friday

 The end of the five-day week.  I've always felt that Sat. and Sun. were bonus days.  So the bonus will soon be here.  

                                                    One of the Lenten Rose flowers.

Today a few things were on the agenda.  First of course was getting up and getting started.  And that happened.  At 10 Susan, the PT lady came.  I got moving right away with all kinds of leg lifts and then counter work which she said would get easier.  I'm sure it will.  Better balance is always the goal.  And improving balance when turning is another goal.  I watched a little TV with more naps along the way.  The bird feeders were filled with the news that a trip to Wild Birds was in order.  The Blue Birds continue to fill their box with Georgia souvenirs.  Visits to the mealworm feeder continue with the Starlings completely thwarted. I tell myself that the sparrows don't eat very much.  

        This spring I'm planting a whole lot of these Mexican Sunflowers.  They are a perfect orange.                                                                                 Butterflies love them.

Lunch came along and a trip to the garden with the spade happened scrapping out stuff that didn't belong. I added parsley seed with the hope that I see some results before June.  Parsley is very slow to grow.  I could say it needs remediation.  I moved a perennial or two.  And then Doug interrupted with "it 's time to go to Wild Birds.  I was happy for the interruption.  


This was one of the visiting wild birds. Infact there were two.  Could be another Mom and Pop.


We had a great visit sharing my dangler story that's keeping the sparrows out of the B B box.  It's working so far.  Sparrows can kill B B babies you know.  I was ready to take down the boxes two years ago. but this seems to be working. We had no nesters last year. And when it came time to pay the bill...sunflower seeds and mealworms...we had a credit.  R and B...how does that work?  Thank you so much.  I think you could be the mischief maker.


At 3:15 I thought it was time to take Stella for a walk.  Putting it off again wasn't an option that needed indulging in one more time. Stella makes a lot of things possible.  I'm happy to use her expertise. So why not.  Doug joined us for the half block walk which was plenty far. His "Stella" is a bit more manly.


My knee and hip told me to pay attention when we made it back home.  And I certainly will do that.  The lack of a working knee put me on the floor a few days ago.  Surprise, surprise.  It  never fails. 

Last night 's supper was a wonderful Judy type salad.  That means anything and everything.  That left me a tonight Rita soup meal.  I'm blessed.  We're heading back to church tonight to hear the last seven words of Christ.  Then tomorrow once again is one of the biggest work days of the church year.  It's the Easter visual day. The troops are coming in.  I think we're ready for the work.

Comments

  1. Our church is bare bare bare on Holy Saturday. It was al stripped for the Good Friday liturgy with the adoration of the cross. Tonight after Vespers. ants scurry around getting flowers and palms in place, placing the stand for the Paschal candle and the Easter font for renewing baptismal vows, and so on. I am told we will have red and white and some pink flowers this year - with calla litlies. Fo course, for us it all begins at 4:30 a.m. with the lighting of the Easter fire on the millstone in the middle of the cloister. Such a wondrous beginning - the recreation of the world.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Wed. I'm back Thanks be to God!

Wednesday

Thursday