Saturday.

 Today was the every other Saturday for Soup Kitchen work at church.  But before that I was up at 6 with breakfast and a little sewing time.  By 8 I was on my way to church to be at the door when Tosha would be arriving.  Sarah Ellen is in Italy for the week.  One person short makes a whole lot of difference when the soup kitchen crew is at it's usually small size.  Jack arrived earlier than usual so that was a big help and the new Cindy crew of two more folks made work time even easier.  Sometimes I feel like it's a guess who is coming to work now added to the guess who is coming to lunch.  The crowd wasn't as large as usual.  We just never know.  I say it's a crap shot not to be figured out!  

                                    I hope to have a lot of these orange cosmos this summer.  

The morning work flew along.  I talked with Heidi about my ideas for Easter decorations.  The Easter banners are back at church and a few more decisions have been made.  Easter in some respects is easier than Christmas.  This year Palm Sunday and Holy week are visually simpler.  That is a very good thing. 

I left church around 12:30 in a very tired body once again.  

                                     believe this was a Georgia memory.  Two hams chucking along.


I managed to get my feet up for a spell with a nap in the chair. Then it was sewing machine time again with another session of putting things together, adding buttons and Velcro.  There are a few other things waiting like a few cover ups cut out but not sewn up.  One of these days...maybe tomorrow!  

This afternoon the back yard had a visitor.  This one was one of those never seen before birds in my yard.  Doug spotted it first saying what is that chicken doing under the tree.  What ?  Chicken?  I thought he was seeing things.  Well, he WAS! Yes, a beautiful chicken.  We have neighbors a few yards away who have a few and I think they had one fewer at that moment.  I decided to see if it was tame but nope.  So it was sent on its way with the hope that it would find the way home.  Dogs do that but do chickens?  Our neighbor to the east seemed to think so. 

A little more sewing with a few basketball breaks.  I always watch the BIG 10 station.  There is a lot of entertaining ball in that group of teams.  

                              The best memory ever. Eli is in another kayak and Adam is swimming. 

A few of you may have missed the announcement that I've found the spot that now will allow comments.  I expect none but that little exercise is now possible when you wish.  I'm feeling the urge to meet with our computer guy getting help with new pictures.  He did some unhelping with organizing my pictures.  Grrrrrr.  What was he thinking????  They are very mixed up now according to my memory.  Maybe he could fix that as well.  

                            Yes...this has started already although this week I think I'll skip the fill. 

Another good day being a part of the neighborhood around our church at 38th and Meridian.  I don't think it's quite the inner city but in some respects it's very close to that.  We served a whole lot of hungry men one of who shared that his last meal was two days ago.  Another good day with an afternoon allowing recuperation of a very tired body.  While pulling weeds this afternoon the bandage fell off my finger and it's looking better than ever.  Life is good.  Life is very good.  Life is just full of great things. When paired with Great Is Thy Faithfulness, I am blessed beyond measure. 


Comments

  1. But we've always been able to leave comments. What did you need to learn? Comment on our comments?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the orange cosmos! So pretty! I can't believe you had a chicken in your yard. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the memories of you in the kayak and riding the scooter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What could I say to convince you to bring the scooter.

      Delete
    2. Let's keep our happy scooter memories ;) Haha

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Wed. I'm back Thanks be to God!

Thursday