Tuesday

 Today started slow and then it got really busy.  It's Holy Week with a whole lot of do at church.  Doug drove me to church and I joined Julie and Heidi for a morning of preparation for both the Thursday and Friday evening services.  Easter work can't start until Saturday morning.

We moved to the chapel with Darren who gave us what the room needed for the Thursday evening communion service.  We moved the altar out and then positioned chairs in a circle formation.  We will worship in the round.  My four years of college was done that way and a favorite for me although some seem to be a bit uncomfortable with that.  But Thursday will be in the round.  I anticipate that the room will be full.  It usually is.  

Friday evening's service will be in the sanctuary and led by the choir sharing The Last Seven Words of Christ in music.  I remembered to take pictures. 


It took us most of the morning to get all the spaces ready.  



Julie had other responsibilities and Heidi and I moved on to Sullivans to pick up the Easter flowers for the altar.  We'll use the palms from Palm Sunday and the artificial peach tree in full bloom, processional crosses, altar flowers given by Sue and the flowers we picked out this morning. A wonderful set of banners will fill the sides of the sanctuary.  With so many options we are in a good place when adding visuals for the celebration. 

Doug met us at Sullivans and I was happy to be on my way home after a busy morning of work.  I'm still struggling with bursitis in my hip which seems to affect my whole leg. Time on the chair should help.  

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Wed. I'm back Thanks be to God!

Wednesday

Thursday