Friday

 Today was another scan day as I mentioned yesterday.  There have been a few in my life and for most of my living they didn't exist.  Now they do and there have been more scans than I can remember.  But I must remember to be grateful that when ordered they can be done. My guess that todays was all about swallowing which has changed a whole lot since radiation.  Monday, meeting with my radiation leader Dr. Langer should shed a little more light on my questions.

Then it was off to the drugstore.  The new diabetic medication is so popular that it's not available.  Dr. Baker has received a few questions on how to proceed.  

We landed at ACE Hardware to check on some rocks.  I didn't like the choices so we only walked out with a small sage plant which will be added to the garden when the temperature allows.  It's a bit chilly now.

                                                    I think it's time to spruce up the black sage. 

I put in my request for a trip to Rosie's tomorrow.  Passing by today told me that the place is full of pretty flowers of all kinds.  It's too early to buy but I just want to be there for a while.  

Later in the morning there was a cancelation of a double appointment with Dr. Jolli and a rescheduling later in the year. Some days get filled with stuff like this.  Then I can move on for a while with other things on my mind.   

It was a peaceful afternoon.  Doug and I went grocery shopping with a coffee creamer added to the shopping cart for Noah.  He's become a coffee drinker and I wanted to introduce him to Hazel Nut.  I think he'll like her.  

I checked on the milkweed and this is what I found that excites me.  It's milkweed education time. 

Common milkweed growing among the asparagus.  Enough asparagus for another meal real soon. The hope is that common milkweed will be found throughout the garden.  
                Swamp milkweed on it's way to a healthy beginning.  There are three bushes three years old.
Butterfly weed.  Another milkweed that was the only milkweed that supported caterpillars last year. There are five healthy clusters that will have beautiful orange flowers.  There are plants with yellow flowers as well. There are many more kinds of milkweed that only support Monarchs. 
 
When it's a little warmer I hope to spot dill. It self-seeds. The three Rue plants made it with flying colors through the winter.  I'll buy some fennel. and the Swallowtails will be happy with these three plants that will support their babies.  That's the butterfly news for the month.  

I mentioned Noah's coffee additive.  Here is another one of mine besides Hazel Nut.  
Chocolate mint sewn in a pot just like all the other mints in the garden.  They love to wonder and would gladly take over.  But not in my garden.  A large plant of chives is just outside the pot.  That's another plant that sees a good bit of the shovel each spring appearing where it wants to.  Not in my garden!

And closing out the blog for tonight is Nelly who was adopted at the Amish auction by the Michigan Russell's with the hope that Nelly will see that all the free rangers will mind their P's and Q's.  One of  them being that it's beaks off the Hosta's. One can only hope. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wednesday

Thursday

Wed. I'm back Thanks be to God!