Friday

 Up and ready to go for something.  What ever came I was ready.  There were phone calls to make but I just piddled the time away and sure enough my PT friend called and I was caught and a time was scheduled.  In the mean time I planted some tiny zinnias and the six Lantana.  

                    The three dark spots near the top of the picture are zinnia plants that have been watered.  They will be treated like preemies for a while. 

Mr. PT arrived, and I had my usual work out with emphasis on improving the challenge of less tipping over the out-of-control way.  There are more sessions planned. 

There was the usual snooze during the day.  Last night sleeping was a bit sparce again.  

I made the decision to do some edging and the two pictures show the difference one can make with a little attention to details.  

                                  Before the shovel cane by. It's what happened during the winter. 
                                After the shovel and a layer of Preen under the Superior rooks.                                                                            The area will get a touch up sometime in Auguet.  

Neighbor Kathy was working in her lawn.  Yesterday Bill tore out some more than 50-year-old shrubbery with the intention to plant something a bit more interesting.  What didn't get removed was ivy. Kathy was tearing it out by hand today. I've removed lots of ivy, so I took her my trusty little rake that has helped me in the past.  It's still a horrible job but with time on her side it will happen.  


Bird news.  While Mr. PT was here we worked in the kitchen watching birds.  He was fascinated with the Flicker who chose to eat out of the Finch tube.  Later in the afternoon I watched a Chick-a-dee take a bit of food into this hole.  There's a nest somewhere inside.  It's a very tiny space. The hole is very deep but if Momma can get in and out eventually the babies will do the same. The B B parents are busy.  It seems that all the birds could be looking after babies. 


So not a terrible amount of change happened today but there was a bit of planting and sprucing.  That's good enough for me.  Tomorrow is another day with minutes available.  There could be another trip to Rosie's, a bit of digging in the garden with seed planting or perhaps doing something I never thought of doing.  No luck at the Drug store.  Big Bummer.  


A Huge PS.  at 6:54 Mrs. Oriole showed up at the feeder.  That eliminates the bummer I wrote about but doesn't eliminate the fact that I need diabetic medicine. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wed. I'm back Thanks be to God!

Wednesday

Thursday