Monday

 The day started early but then there was a second start to the morning that came around 6:45. That second one I approve of.  But it was a slow start anyway.  I took my blood pressure, and it was low.  My heart beats were slow.  I was spending some time in low gear.  No automatic shifting for me.  It was just a slow morning.  I'll take what I can get and be happy!


I've been looking through cookbooks for new easy soup recipes.  This morning the celery soup being rather simple fitting into the slow morning was in the pot, in the blender and into the refrigerator.  I made a walk through the garden and found that the asparagus needed trimming.  Hummm...more soup but this time cauliflower was added, celery and onions were added and the thickening was potatoes. The blender did its thing.  Something different for sure.  There are choices now for the week and tonight we started with celery soup.  


We did a drugstore stop and then on to grocery shopping.  Doug pushing the cart and I walking ahead grabbed things off the shelf.  He does a good job pushing but his packing the groceries in bags needs a whole lot of improvement.  I may eventually need to let it be.  I learned long ago to pick my battles. I might need to use that skill again. 

The energy bucket got a fill eventually and I moved on in the afternoon, you guessed it, to edging.  

In the process I found a new little coral bell start so it got moved to where it has room to grow with a better supply of air and sun. I love those surprises.  

                                                                    A new plant on the block.

Then it was on to the garden with the decision made to transplant a few more zinnias.  Nine more preemies are in the garden where they will receive all the attention needed to grow big.  These zinnias are Benary Giants used at Williamsburg in table arrangements.  I had the same seed last spring, but none germinated because I put them in the ground way to early.  Dah. It's SO HARD to wait for the ground to warm so this time I planted them in those famous gal. jugs.  There was a better outcome.  The dirt experience once again was enjoyable and accompanied by music from the wren and cardinal and the off key piliated.  I haven't seen the wren, but that bird has a wonderful song to sing. I hear him.  Mrs. W. just chirps. Her talents are elsewhere. 

                     Almost impossible to see but I know they are there.  There are nine Beuary's. 

            It was time to spruce up little Budda who spends the summer with the annual sage plant.  

The plant at the bottom of pot is Winter Savery.  It's an herb that reminds me of stories told by a friend who lived in Germany during the war.  She was sent to the garden to pick winter Savery because no other condiments were available.  I just like it's looks, and the war is over. 


                                                            Ready for a drink at the bird bath. 

 

I spent some time sitting on the patio just watching.  There was great entertainment by...yup...the Piliated and Blue Bird.  The big guy won again.  The B B will not give up.   


And there are more flowers ready to show their best side. These irises are really more purple than blue.  There will be hundreds.  I know that every year when it's time to clear the dead blooms. 

I can't remember a dogwood season that was as long as 2024.  The early blooming season and then the cool days and nights that have followed certainly was a big factor.  It has been most enjoyable.  


Today  was a good great wonderful day once again with reminders that life is good and blessings are so plentiful.  Count your many blessings name them one by one and see what God has done. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wed. I'm back Thanks be to God!

Wednesday

Thursday