Saturday

 Today was a day that needed a warehouse of energy available.  It was Bread and Bowl Saturday. But the morning started with bird watching.  But let me add a Friday evening event.  You all know about the Blue Birds.  They are fisty territorial birds.  And you know about beautiful Orioles.  Last evening I observed two times Mr. B B push Mrs. Oriole to the ground as she was flying near her feeder. . She was in his territory, and he didn't approve.  So have I seen any orioles today.  Of course not. Do I understand the reason? Absolutely. B Bird fledglings are ready to leave the nest at three weeks.  One week has passed.  Two more to go. Michigan Jared has had Orioles at his feeder for a few days already!  I'm guessing there will be more joining what has arrived already. 

The bird story for the morning was that Mr. Piliated came by and the Blue Birds tried to clear the territory.  It didn't work.  The same thing happened tonight.  It helps to be a whole lot bigger perhaps.  

                        Road Runner for sure.  It was a must do Saturday morning cartoon hour or so. 

I mentioned Bread and Bowl.  Today it mopped up all the energy I could muster.  My job involved a whole lot of standing and I need to remember that taking breaks should be included in the morning work.  We were busy and we had enough workers.  Leaky energy buckets are not a good thing.  Dot brought her grandson Hudson with her and he worked right alongside all of us.  

                                    Hudson with a cart of take-home food bags for our neighbors. 

Doug picked me up at 12:30 after Heidi and I talked through Pentecost which is May 19.  There will be some work days preparing red spaces, my favorite Sunday of the year.  

The world disappeared for two hours while I was in La La Land.  My goal for the afternoon was to plant short zinnias that line the path through the garden.  Twelve preemie plants moved to their summer home in the garden.  Soon more tall zinnias will join them.  More short bushy zinnias have been planted in my faithful gal. jugs.  Butterflies are on my mind.  Doug pulled the cart to the garden with all the things I needed like fertilizer, water, potting soil and a few other things.  

                                                                    One of 12 planted today. 

I took a few pictures and spent a little more time on the chair until it was blog/picture time.  I would say today was a day that made a difference for many reasons and that's just what keeps my mind in the best of condition.  Another week of learning a lot about many things.  

Let me remind you again that last summer was a thin out the day lily beds summer.  Lots of beds and a whole lot of lilies.  This area was one and its travel through winter was a rough one.  This spring the waiting for something green was a long one.  I thought it was a goner many times.  But every little divided lily stalk has turned green.  Every one.  Oh, yea of little faith!  There should be some beautiful light-yellow flowers this summer surrounding more of Doug's fossil rocks.  Yes, there are even more in the garage. 


        You should be able to tell that I don't use mulch.  I'm just a dirt girl who grew up as a dirt girl.   I'm still that dirt girl who pitched the garden gloves this afternoon while planting zinnias. I tried gloves but it just didn't work once again. Dirt makes me feel at home.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wed. I'm back Thanks be to God!

Wednesday

Thursday