Sunday

 Church morning and that happened.  We arrive at church around 10:30 which allows us to hear the choir in their last rehearsal of the morning anthem.  It's such a treat.  The ladies gave me a huge shout out after they had finished rehearsing and I felt the urge to talk to the choir about their part in the March 17th event.  I am so grateful for their effort to make that morning a little easier for the congregation with music while all the other stuff was happening.  

It was announced this morning that Sunil would be getting his own church come July 1 and Amy would be moving to Montana also receiving an appointment to a church August 1.  Woo...it sort of puts us in a difficult place with two staff members leaving.  Parishioners will need to step up for a while.  

The afternoon was a warm one with the urge to see what was happening in the garden.  

I decided that the gazing ball needed a do over.  Our little 2 year old neighbor James loves to visit the garden and the gazing ball had safety issues for him.  So that's a work in progress not quite finished at this moment.  


A check with the five butterfly weed bushes found them ALL showing strong signs of life.  I will not need to buy any if that continues and the same can be said about the three swamp milkweed plants.  All of the butterfly bushes are showing green shoots.  I'm anticipating common milkweed soon.  The dill will be here soon and I need to stock up on fennel. I would imagine the warm winter had something to cause  so many good things in the garden. Now bring on the Monarchs and Swallowtails. 


            There will be beautiful orange flowers on this bush eventually.  A wonderful Monarch draw.

The white lilac is showing its color in a very commendable way.  Sorry D/C.


My seed plantings needed some attention.  I transplanted some zinnias into bigger containers and spent way to much time hunting more seed.  They are some place but WHERE!  Fingers crossed that the tiny plants that are showing their stuff continues to do that.  They are another need for butterflies. I am convinced that zinnias are a huge drawing card. 

    Let's hope this continues to work.  Sometimes there is a big unexpected dampening off.  Bummer.

I still haven't found the package that has energy in it.  That's one not to loose and I have.  I think March 17th had something to do with it walking off somewhere.  Woo.  It needs to appear soon.  Maybe I need a bit of Prevegin. 

            The warm weather promised this week should urge this lettuce on to bigger and better things.  

This week starts the first of two weeks when Doug will be driving Miss Daisy.  Busy, busy is on the way.  I'll be talking to a lot of Doctors with regularly scheduled checkups especially the second week.  Some times are like that even in Australia, Alexandar would remind us. 

Comments

  1. Maybe you need to re-read Alice in Wonderland and get some gardeners like those who work for the Queen of Hearts. Only instead of painting the white roses red, yours can paint the white lilacs lilac.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Wed. I'm back Thanks be to God!

Wednesday

Thursday