Thursday Happy Birthday D/C

 Once again chocolate mint for the morning coffee on the patio.  It was a little chilly, so a jacket made it possible.  And much to my surprise I received a serenade from both Mr. and Mrs. Wren calling to each other.  We'll see how long that last.  I loved hearing their song again in the afternoon. Which house will they use?  The biggest one is already occupied.  Last year they used the travel trailer.  Two years ago it was the gourd apple.  I think the schoolhouse hole is a bit small.  Should I take bets.

I've heard that Wrens and Blue Birds are at times not compatible.  Their homes are rather far away from each other.  I hope that helps. 

I did a lot of texting with Kimmy and Jared who were at their biannual Amish auction in Claire Michigan.  I would really like to go with them sometime. One purchase of the day was homemade Amish ice cream.  I'm sure the butter fat content was a high in numbers.  The other purchase was noted as a cement goose.  I imagine it will be somewhere in Kimmy's flowerbed seen with the free range chickens the goose in charge.    

A walk around the yard upset mother Robin and I discovered what I thought was an abandoned nest really was now the  home for 4 Robin Egg Blues soon to be babies.  Well, probably in a couple of weeks that will be true.  I'll change the pattern for the walk for a while.  Mother was not happy with me.  At my last sighting the Blue Birds were still eggs.  That can change any day now.


Never fear, this nest made of grasses and mud was low enough to the ground that I didn't need a ladder.  Just a tug on the pine tree limb brought it low enough for a picture.  I'm trying to follow orders.  So far, so good.

The flower beds got their Preen sprinkle.  Motivation said it was time to work on the rock path. That motivation was a huge surprise.  Last week I round=upped the path and the weeds were dying.  Today I pulled weeds, dug up the rocks and made sure the path was clean and ready also for Preen to slow down new weed growth.  Woo...it was work and if I survived, I will declare that I am nearly 100% healed.  I'm still here in fairly good shape, but with arthritic hands.  I can take care of that.  That path job took a few hours to get to what I considered finished. 

Getting all those weeds out was a killer.  I should have started the Preen process before the weeds started. 

I moved some plants, did some watering.  Not much but enough to satisfy my urge for the day.

I took more garden pictures.

                            There are so many good yellow and green combinations in the garden. 

                                            The Jack in the Pulpit has emerged.  Hello Jack.



I finished putting together all the front door welcome things even though not too many folks come to the front door.  Most so far have been Republican folks handing out brochures that don't say Republican anywhere.  Strange I must say. They identify as conservatives.  Well, I'm not one of them at this point. 

We have a few of these in the neighborhood.  Now this could really bug me if I didn't work at it.  Dogwood are white.  Never pink.  Crab apples are pink, cherry blossoms are pink.  Dogwood?

My only little trillium under neath my white dogwood tree is doing it's best to impress me.  And it's succeeding. 

So another good day I would say.  Tomorrow morning starts with a CT Scan.  It's back to checking things in this body.  It's maintenance time that will continue through a lot of next week. Monday it's downtown to the Simon Cancer Center to visit with Dr. Langer, my radiation friend. 



Comments

  1. I appreciate that your birthday wish did not include a number. The number of the birthday is not as frightening as the fact that so many memories are now 50 (or more) years ago.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Wednesday

Wed. I'm back Thanks be to God!

Thursday