Thursday.

 It was a slow morning and one that I totally enjoyed.  Sleeping has improved somewhat with the hope that saying that will encourage it to continue.  

                            Once little but now big.  The lilac bush is just bursting out all over.  

The biggie today was a trip to the neurologist, Dr. Schmoll.  Much to my surprise she told me we had met already.  Yup...in the emergency room on March 17.  Well, I was there but I wasn't there. And I didn't arrive until the next day.  So a few more holes were filled in.  One being the seizure started around 11 and then diminished during the afternoon but did not totally abate until late evening.  I call that a long seizure.  So the outcome will be to continue the anti seizure medicine which so far is working beautifully and we'll get together again in October.  I can do that!   There are restrictions and I can live with them.  I won't like it but I can do it. Safe is so much better than sorry.  The cause is still unknown after checking out possibilities that showed no connection.  I will admit that today was a bit tough with anticipation but I do like the doctor and WOOOOO!  No more doctor visits for a while.  Blessings abound. Elimination of visits makes me feel a bit healthier.  I may be fooling myself but for now, that's just fine. 

50 years ago we planted a Smoke Tree. It has twisted and turned, and every year produced a flower that looks a bit like smoke.  It's one from Doug's side of the family.  Every year it emerges just a bit later in the spring or so it seems.  The leaves are red and once again we think it's going to be beautiful.

We made the drug store visit with no improvement noted.  The visits will continue daily until I get what I need.  A warehouse delivery is promised but no one knows what's coming.  Or so they say.  Mix these visits with patience and I'll be fine. 


The little sprig of green is the beginning of a 5 ft. tall dill plant.  The swallowtails should check it out.  The garden will be full of plants that support Swallowtail and Monarch caterpillars.  That is if the adults fly by. 

Then it was on to Rosie's to check on Lantana.  Six came home with me.  Not the six I thought would but once again I decided to be happy with what was available.  I've learned a long time ago to not get to stuck on absolutes.  Life is way to short for me to do that.  Rosie's is such a healing place for me, especially when I relieve my almost daily visits after my daily radiation treatments a few years ago.

  

Lantana for butterflies.  While at Rosie's a lady stopped to tell me all about the plants she was buying for hummingbirds.  Don't ask me to repeat what she said.  I was thinking about butterflies!  The Lantana really needs to grow big...and it will.  

The afternoon finished up with a walk through the garden with a weed pull here and there and a few pictures added to the stash I already have.  Supper was the end of beef vegetable.  And I caught up on what happened in the world during the evening hours.  


And now a P.S. 

This is False Solomon Seal.  I don't know what makes it false.  But I have seen Humming Birds position their bodies almost upside down to get their mouths into the tiny little white blooms filled with, I guess sweet nectar.  There is a great supply in the garden waiting for them.  Also on the waiting list is the Orioles.  Come on friends.  The welcome shingle is hung. 

So another day is soon over.  Tomorrow morning I must schedule two home health care folks.  I just couldn't face that job today.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wednesday

Wed. I'm back Thanks be to God!

Thursday